Suzie, Do You Copy? (Pt. 1)

𝚂𝚄𝚉𝙸𝙴, 𝙳𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙾𝙿𝚈?
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

𝚂𝚄𝚉𝙸𝙴, 𝙳𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙲𝙾𝙿𝚈?𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

LATE JUNE, 1985

It was the summer of '85 and the sun was shining brightly on the town of Hawkins. Its residents were bustling with exuberance, all possessing a newfound zest for life that only the rays of sunshine and waves of heat could bring. The air was teeming with excitement. Pool parties and lemonade, shopping sprees and ice cream dates, this was the summer of love and life and there wasn't a soul in Hawkins that wasn't in high spirits.

The Harrington siblings were no exception to this.

Dressed in identical Risky Business-style outfits — with the boxer shorts, long white socks, loose white dress shirts, sunglasses and everything — Steve and Ally Harrington were having the time of their lives.

"The power of love is a curious thing"

From the massive boombox they placed at the centre of the house, The Power of Love by Huey Lewis & The News — Ally's favourite song of the summer — blared throughout the house. Steve and Ally slid across the floors in their socks, whipping their heads back and forth and singing along into their hair brushes.

"Make a one man weep, make another man sing

Change a hawk to a little white dove

More than a feeling, that's the power of love"

That morning, Mr and Mrs Harrington had departed for their summer trip to Hawaii, leaving their kids behind as "punishment" for all the trouble they'd gotten into not six months ago. But that just meant that the Harrington siblings were home alone, unsupervised, and that meant they had the freedom to do whatever they wanted.

"Tougher than diamonds, rich like cream

Stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream

Make a bad one good, make a wrong one right

Power of love will keep you home at night"

A private, Harringtons-only dance party was their first order of business. So, the pair of siblings danced goofily around the house, spinning each other around, jumping up and down on the couches and beds, belting out lyrics at the top of their lungs and expertly playing air guitar and drums.

"You don't need money, don't take fame

Don't need no credit card to ride this train