Ch1.

10 years later
Eden POV
📍New Jersey.

"Kairi ! Junior ! Y'all gon be late to school !" I yelled from down the stairs, these two always taking their time when they know damn well they don't have it.

"Mommy I can't find my bandana." Junior said standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

"You can't wear your bandana to school baby." I said while zipping up his backpack. He sat down at the counter and I placed his breakfast in front of him.

"Where is Kairi ?" I asked getting annoyed.

"I'm here, chillout." She walked inside the kitchen, looking like her damn daddy.

"Why can I not wear my bandana ? Daddy said I could wear it everywhere." Junior said and I rolled my eyes.

"Your daddy isn't here." Kairi interrupted and Junior mugged her. Just like Kairi stole Dave his face. Junior did the same thing.

Dave wasn't around, not because he didn't want to. He was locked up, facing his own consequences he got a sentence of 10 years.

At first I was mad, mad that he left me and was being selfish. But I started to realize that he needed me while he was in there. It was hard raising Junior on my own but I did it.

Me and Millie came to an understanding and she accepted who I was to Dave and Kairi.

Kairi kept coming around even when Dave was in jail.

We moved into the house that Dave got for us to build a family in, that dream broke real fast.

I'm still mad at him but ofcourse I need to stay strong for the kids.

"What day is it today ?" Junior his eyes lit up when I said that.

"Daddy is coming home today !" Junior jumped up.

Junior and Dave their relationship is strong, ofcourse I wouldn't keep Junior away from him he's still his dad. So once in a while we visit Dave when we can and allowed to. It wasn't much but they still managed to build a bond with each other.

Where me and Dave are standing ? I don't really know. We never talked about it.

"That's right, so you need to go to school and when you get home daddy will be home to." I mushed the curls on his head. Dave wanted him to grow his hair out so they both can get their braids in.

"Can I come with you ?" Kairi asked looking at me, referring to picking up Dave from the prison.

"Don't you have a math test today ?" I asked her.

"Yeah but it's not that important." She shrugged, I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You know how your dad feels about you lacking in school." I told her.

"I'm not lacking in school." She smacked her lips. I gave her that look that said 'you sure about that ?'.

"I didn't tell your dad about your last rapport card but I'm sure he's going to ask about it." I said, her last rapport card was bad.