Year 4 - 49

Draco and Astrid were both quite cheerful a few days later on a rather chilly November morning.

Each was grinning for the same yet a completely different reason.

Astrid had been peacefully eating her breakfast, unsuccessfully blocking the sound of Malfoy's everyday bragging, when the owls had come swooping in. The girl nearly squealed in excitement when a letter was dropped in front of her. A letter with a great, fancy, green 'M' crest that couldn't have belonged to anyone but the Malfoys.

The girl was so excited, her usual calm morning demeanour was dropped in an instant as she was suddenly ready to go and conquer the world.

Pocketing the letter, to read it later, she tilted her head to look at Malfoy who was still bragging about the new quidditch gloves he had received. 

That morning Astrid knew she had achieved something on their investigation case, and she knew the boy had not, hence, she was better than him. Feeling better than him she felt he had no right going around blabbering about something that she not only didn't care about, but it was annoying her quite a bit too (although she had to admit the gloves did look really comfortable and generally nice). 

It was almost like the letter she has received possessed its writer's snobbish aura and had transferred it to Astrid herself.

And Malfoy's talking was ruining her morning.

"Hey, Malfoy!" she started, interrupting the blonde's rant. 

"What?" he turned to look at her annoyed. He believed his story to be much more important than whatever the girl had to say.

"Shut up!"

"Who do you think you ar-" but his words got cut off once Astrid raised her wand, speaking a spell that silenced his words. His mouth kept moving as he kept yelling profanities, but no sound came out. 

Realising nothing was happening, Draco stopped talking and instead settled on glaring at the girl.

"I just love our Charms classes, don't you?" Astrid questioned the people around her cheerfully. "Useful stuff we learn there."

Draco grumbled a response but naturally, no one heard him.

Daphne was smiling to herself. Theo fought a laugh. Rosier was smirking. The rest either didn't care or were furious, one of such being Pansy Parkinson.

"Reverse what you just did!" the girl demanded and Astrid looked upon her innocently.

"Oh, why? I say this is a rather pleasant silence," the girl was smiling.

"Give Drakey-poo his voice back, you bitch!"

Astrid attempted keeping her face serious to spit back another joke, but the snort that escaped her was inevitable.

"I-" she laughed, "Drakey-poo?"

Draco had already buried his face in his hand as he shut his eyes tightly and murmured inaudible words. He absolutely loathed the nickname the girl had given him. And to have Ninomae find out about it was utterly humiliating.

Astrid took a deep breath calming herself down before turning to look at the blonde sitting across from her.

"Drakey-poo, have you got anything to say about this?" she questioned.

'Yes, I have-' Draco started, looking up at her, but then cut himself off as he remembered no one could hear him. His brows furrowed even deeper at the realisation and he watched Ninomae smile, seeing he had fallen for her little trick.

"He's not protesting so I'm sure Drakey is okay with it, Pansy. We all know he is pretty vocal when something is bothering him."

Draco bit down on his tongue to hold him back from giving Ninomae the satisfaction of him attempting to protest. But as the girl turned to once more argue with the now also furious Goyle, Draco's eyes caught glimpse of something silvery in the girl's pocket. He instantly recognised it as his family's letter, and his lips curled into a smirk.