Year 4 - 60

It was that time of the year. Again. And both Astrid and Daphne were giggling uncontrollably to themselves. Again.

Valentine's day.

The two girls stood holding onto one another as they peeked around the corner from the girls' dormitories watching as the usually tough and reserved Cassius Warrington now stood on his knees desperately declaring his love for Maggie Rosier. The girl was listening to his declaration utterly dumbfounded even more so when he said he couldn't imagine his life without her. The thing was... Rosier had not even once ever talked with the lad.

So she just rolled her eyes, scoffing lowly as she spoke a sarcastic "funny" before pushing him away and walking off.

"But I love you!" the boy yelled after her, holding up a pack of chocolates, as he slowly got back to his feet. 

Astrid had to cover her mouth not to scream out in laughter when Rosier simply flipped him off, exiting the common room; the boy was still looking after her dreamily and mumbling how much he adored her fierceness.

One may wonder what had happened... Well... it should be fairly obvious who was behind such odd happenings, hiding around a corner and laughing their arses off.

Around two weeks ago on a rather gloomy Saturday the students of Hogwarts had been allowed to go to Hogsmeade for a few hours. Browzing Zonko's and looking over all the new things they had piled in that year, an idea had sparked in Astrid's mind. 

Love potions.

The girl knew she was walking on very thin ice, having decided to prank Rosier. But she had known all along the reactions of the girl would be priceless and well worth the suffering she might have to endure later. Daphne had instantly agreed as well. 

The first thing the girls had done, had been walking over to the sketchy pawnshop Hogsmead had where they had sold some of the uglier jewellery Daphne had gotten as a result of her plan, mostly as Christmas gifts, some just attempts to lighten the girl's mood. 

It wasn't that she wasn't grateful for the gifts. Daphne just prefered gold over the few silver things she had gotten. Plus, she rarely ever took off the necklace Blaise had given her a year prior and didn't wear much of other things. The girl wasn't really in need of the actual (not that expensive for that matter) jewellery that she had been gifted, so the blonde had decided to use it more purposefully. Pawning it and getting great money (with the help of Astrid's blabbering skills) to use it for something more interesting.

Coming back into Zonko's Joke shop the girls had been surprised how much of the potions had already been gone. So before any other crazy lunatics, who actually thought to use the potions for their own gain, could claim any more of them, both girls had grabbed quite a few bottles, counting them carefully so that they wouldn't exceed the limit of money they had just gotten.

Pansy had walked by them, as the girls had waited in the line to pay and sneered at how pathetic it was they were buying the potion. The raven-haired girl had told them with her chin held snobbishly high about how she wouldn't need any of that crap (a.k.a. the love potion) to get her Drakey's attention since she and Drakey-poo were already in love. Astrid had just chuckled nervously, unsure of how to answer such a seemingly passive-aggressive statement.

In all honesty, Pansy had gotten pretty intolerable ever since Yule Ball. More so than the girl had been before. Although Daphne claimed it wasn't all that much different, Astrid thought otherwise. She had never been as irked before by seeing Pansy stuck to the platinum-blonde's side, holding on as tight as a piece of chewing gum stuck in somebody's hair. The number of times she had heard Pansy call Malfoy her boyfriend and seen her kiss his cheek was nauseating. Even more so when it was clear the blonde didn't return the affections. At least not as passionately. Pansy Parkinson was fooling nobody but herself.