Year 5 - 110

"Good day, Mr Willkins" Astrid greeted the pawnshop owner with a great smile on her face.

"Good day," the man spoke with a small pause as he watched the younger girl pull a tall blonde boy in behind her. 

Draco pulled his coat tighter against his body as he made small turns in the tiny space his girl called a shop. Everything was cluttered, objects laying one over the other and although he couldn't spot a speck of dust, he liked to imagine the objects had loads of it underneath them. He didn't want to touch anything.

When his eyes met the persistent gaze of the man who owned the shop, he couldn't help but turn his nose up in even greater disgust. When Ninomae had told him of the pawnshop, he had always pictured the man to be old, fat and shabby. His girlfriend had certainly forgotten to mention the lad was at worst in his early forties, that he was at least a head taller than Draco and looked nowhere close to being shabby. The blonde didn't know what the man did in his free time but he definitely knew to keep himself in shape.

Draco slipped his hand around Ninomae's waist pretending to be absentminded as he glanced around. The fact this owner wasn't some grandpa bothered him immensely.

Once the man had finished his own inspection of the blonde, with an amused huff, he turned towards the younger girl politely. "How's the camera been working for you?" 

Astrid furrowed her brows oblivious to the intense stare-off that had just taken place. She leaned a little into Malfoy's side, before giving the pawnshop owner a tight-lipped smile. "You knew it would hold just for a single use, didn't you?"

The man smirked and Astrid shook her head amused. If the unusual presence of an arm hadn't made her feel so elated, perhaps she would've been a little angrier. 

"I will get you back for that, Mr Willkins," she warned, pointing at him with her finger.

"It's not like you didn't sell me the broken ring..."

"Actually, about the ring. I saw you had sold it and I was wondering if we could make a-"

"Why are we here again, Ninomae?" Draco interrupted with a growl as he eyed the young man suspiciously. He hated how well off the two were and made a mental note to run a background check on all the Willkins he could find.

The boy then turned his head to the side to notice the glare his girlfriend was giving him.

Astrid spoke to the pawner but her eyes were forever trained in a glare at Malfoy. "Excuse his rude attitude." She wiggled out of the blonde's grasp and crossed her arms. "I told you already that I wanted to just show you the place because you doubted the brilliance of it."

Draco rolled his eyes and turned to glance around the shop. He could hardly see what was so brilliant about the tiny space.

She saw that he wasn't paying much attention to her anymore, avoiding looking at her, so Astrid did the same, turning back to the man. "I'll come back with my proposal when I don't have this lad attached to my hip." 

Draco turned to look back at her with another frown. This lad...

"But anyway, what new have you got here?"

Willkins wanted nothing but to remain professional and earn his family some money. "I got a few accessories sent over here from Glasgow by my father. I'm sure you'll appreciate these."

Astrid smiled as the man crouched behind his counter to look for them. Dipping her hand in the pocket of her coat, her excitement was short-lived, once she realised she had forgotten her pouch of money and only had around two galleons from the previous Hogsmeade visit. A golden rule of pawning was to never reveal to the pawner how much money you have so she remained silent about it.