Year 2 - 9

Chaos was the only word Astrid could think of using when describing the current scene. Utter and absolute chaos. 

It was the first duelling club meeting and all second years had been gathered up in a classroom on the third floor of the castle, where Astrid had never been before. It was a rather large open space, seemingly perfect for such number of students to practice duelling at. Since Colin had gotten petrified, the headmaster had officially announced that the school wasn't as safe of a place as it had seemed to be and required everybody to partake in the new duelling club to better at defending themselves. 

Astrid wasn't a skilled dueler since the only time she had come close to a wand fight had been when she fired spells at Malfoy angrily while he had just hidden in his room. But personally, she still thought that this club was pretty useless. She highly doubted that Slytherin would've created a monster that could be easily defeated by simple duelling.

Lockhart was the one to organise the club and Astrid had had no doubt that these meetings would be those of real entertainment. And she hadn't been wrong. It all had started by Snape slamming the other professor to the ground while the latter claimed that he had just wanted to show the students what happens when you get hit. Astrid found it funny and even though she disliked Snape, she liked the way he could bring down the other foolish professor.

Soon the students had been put into pairs to practice the duelling and Astrid found herself glaring into her opponent's eyes. It was Susan Bones, a Hufflepuff girl Astrid had once worked on a History of Magic project with. She had nicknamed the girl cheetopuff, because of her red hair. Astrid and Bones had fired a few spells at one another without much passion and both had successfully managed to jump away from one another's.

Now that Astrid had taken a small break, looking at the scene around her she almost wanted to laugh. She saw Malfoy and Potter jumping around throwing aggressive spells and surely trying to kill one another. Then there was ashen-faced Seamus as Ron kept continuously apologizing to the boy. Daphne was admiring her nails while her opponent laid on the ground unconscious. Katie Bell had used a jelly-leg-jinx on Tracey who was now wiggling in her spot as she sent a similar spell back at the girl. Astrid also saw Millicent having taken Granger in a headlock, both of them completely abandoning their wands. If someone didn't stop them, without her wand the prissy Granger definitely wouldn't make it. Astrid had never seen Mills so mad and she wondered what had happened.

As she kept watching the students silently laughing at them, Astrid didn't notice the Bones girl decide that their break was over. Without a warning, the girl shouted everte statum sending Astrid flying across the room and smashing into the nearest wall. 

She moaned as she moved on the ground weakly trying to stop the immense throbbing in her brain. Astrid opened her eyes slowly and they immediately narrowed in a glare. Bones had performed the spell while Astrid hadn't been looking and that angered her, to say the least. It was disrespectful and disgusting. And it hurt like a bitch. Astrid felt the growing anger in her body as malice pulsated through her blood. She wanted to leave Bones as nothing more than a pile of bones. But before Astrid managed to inflict any irreversible harm or even stand up Snape's voice boomed through the classroom telling everybody to stop.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor," she heard Snape say as everybody slowly moved in the direction of the two professors. It was clear Snape didn't like Lockhart and everybody wanted to enjoy the show.

Astrid stood up shakily, still feeling quite lightheaded from the clash. She walked over to Daphne and held onto her friend's shoulder for support. "Yeah no shite, we had to learn that beforehand," Astrid grumbled quietly so only the few people around her could hear.