Year 3 - 28

Astrid Ninomae was slowly making her way up to Adrian Pucey. She kept stopping, turning around, taking a step, then changing her mind again, raising her chin, turning back around to face him, starting to walk, and then repeating the whole routine again. She felt guilty and she was a little scared it wouldn't work, but she knew she had to do it. It had to be done one way or another. It had to. That was her plan.

Astrid tried and tried bringing out the confidence she knew she had, but it had hidden so deep within her, she almost believed it wasn't there in the first place. 

After convincing herself she looked more stupid pacing around the room as she was instead of just going over and getting it done with, the girl finally balled up her fists and just went for it.

"Hi," she spoke a little too loudly as she approached the group of Slytherin 5th years. It was Thursday evening and the group of boys was sat on one of the leather couches in their shared common room. They all turned to look at her and she felt her heartbeat speed up. "Adrian, I'd like to talk to you for a moment please."

"Go ahead," he smiled at her politely ignoring the way his friends were snickering and whispering about the ickle 3rd year approaching their best-looking buddy.

"In private."

This time he looked at his friends snickering along with them. Astrid didn't like the way they were all looking at her.

"About Quidditch," her own polite smile had turned into a blank stare.

Taking Astrid by surprise Adrian nudged the bloke next to him to shut up as he stood up to follow Astrid away. His friends being the stupid boys they were only whistled after the two.

They didn't have to walk far as they wordlessly decided to just speak in the corner of the common room. She caught herself fidgeting with the single silver ring on her finger (a gift from her mum on Christmas) as she rehearsed the words she was supposed to say for what felt like 100th time that day alone. 

It was Thursday. The game was that Saturday. And she had to play. Though she hated what it was she had to do to be able to do so. After all, Pucey was one of the few people on their Quidditch team who respected her and she was sweating her arse off thinking she might just lose his respect as well.

But it was what it was. And she was ruthless on her way to achieve her goal.

"I'll get straight to the point," she spoke with fake confidence, still fidgeting with the ring on her finger. "We have our first game this Saturday, as you're very well aware off and I will play in it."

Adrian couldn't help but let out an amused chuckle. "And what makes you th-"

"I will play or everyone is finding out you've been snogging Bletchley's little sister."

With that, the bloke's face paled.

Like the total creep she is, Astrid had spent the previous week trying to once more find their snogging classroom since it had very unfortunately changed from the one her and Daphne had seen them in the year before. After a day of searching it had dawned upon her that perhaps they had broken up, but she had reassured her with one simple fact. Pucey still kept declining all the girls that kept flirting with him (since he's a nice and quite handsome Slytherin, you know the drill) which could only mean he was still with the other girl in secret. At least that what Astrid had hoped. And her wish had come true. On her third day of sneaking around the school with a camera (one she had borrowed from some Hufflepuff), like some maniac, she had finally found them. 

"That's not true!" he spoke crossing his arms radiating the same fake confidence Astrid had performed just seconds ago. 

You're an arsehole, Astrid. He's your pal after all...