Year 3 - 35

Spring had come, the days were starting to get longer, and Astrid had finally brought up the courage to go and explore the small shack in the woods alone. 

It was a Friday, the evening of March 31st and Astrid had decided that the next day would be when she would finally go and inspect it once more. There was just something about it she couldn't resist. The fact, Daphne hadn't even been able to see it only made it all that more intriguing.

After finishing with Quidditch practice and showering Astrid sat down in her bed, the thought of going on an adventure the following day positively clouding her mind. Daphne was sat by the single table in their room as she attempted applying some eyeliner, watching herself closely in the small mirror she had charmed to be floating in front of her face. 

Astrid's small radio was softly playing The Werewolves of London, subduing the sound of Tracey's and Rosier's conspicuous whispers. 

Astrid had accidentally managed to learn to play another song on the radio too. In her angered state she had flicked her wand speaking an incantation and it had loudly started playing the chorus of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. The sound had been so loud and sudden Daphne had let out a scream and Tracey had actually tumbled out of her bed. Meanwhile, Astrid had simply observed both their reactions, her own eyes a little wide in surprise. With the music playing in the background her laughter must've sounded like one of a maniac.

At the given moment, Astrid was in the process of trying to understand what were the similarities between the two incantations and what it was that made the spells work.

"Can you turn that off? My brain is about to explode," Pansy groaned from her spot on her bed where the girl had been doodling something on a piece of parchment dreamily. The girls had listened to the song for so many times already, it had gotten on everybody's nerves. But when the girls didn't feel like sitting in silence, they still sometimes put it on. Playing over and over and over again. "I can't stand it anymore. Just play something else already or are you too daft to figure out how."

Astrid was indeed too daft to figure out how.

"If you're so smart, why don't you figure it out?" the girl snapped back.

"I don't associate myself with such muggle technologies."

Astrid shook her head in disapproval and plunked down on her bed, turning off the song that had started playing in her greatest nightmares.

It was a rather peaceful evening; all the girls sitting in the room doing their own business. Soon it started getting late and after washing up, the girls laid down in their beds to get some long-deserved sleep.

Astrid laid wide awake, although all she wanted to do was to just faster fall asleep. She laid there looking at the ceiling of the room as she listened to the soft thumps of the water sloshing against their window. Her thoughts kept returning to that shack in the woods and she felt both excited and anxious about heading there all alone the following day.

She didn't know how much time had passed when she heard something shuffle in the bed beside hers. The girl turned her head to see Rosier ever so carefully creeping out of her bed attempting to sneak out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Astrid whispered making Rosier jump a little bit and grab onto her chest. But just as quickly the girl straightened back out and looked upon Astrid with the usual superiority she radiated.

"Pranking the Weasleys," she smirked. "It's their birthday AND Aprils 1st tomorrow so they're in for a treat."

Astrid huffed amused and then waved her hand as if dismissing her.