22. The Collector

After Chris hung up the phone, he heard a loud creak. He stepped out of the bathroom.

And there was Annalise. 

Oh no.

Inwardly, Chris rolled his eyes. This wasn't part of the plan. Now he had to get rid of her. 

"Oh, Annalise." 

Annalsie gulped and spoke slowly, "I was just going to say bye cause I was heading out. But it looks like you are off your phone call. Perfect timing, am I right?" 

Annalise seemed to choke out a laugh. 

Chris took a step forward. Maybe she didn't hear the conversation. Maybe he could turn this around. "Are you ok, Annalise? You don't look so good." Be compassionate. That always works with Sara. 

"Yep, just peachy."

They both stood there, staring each other down.

Yeah... she knew. 

"Well," Annalise started cautiously, "I'm gonna go now. See you later, Chris." 

As she turned around and started to walk away, Chris quickly reached out. She wasn't going anywhere. 

"Don't go just yet."

                                                                         ~~~

Chris had put up with this charade for two long years. He was done suffering through each day, having to look at Sara's face, hearing her problems and stories, and now, dealing with two amateurs. It was getting time to take serious action. 

He didn't go to his grandmother's that one day. He had been following Sara. 

Many times he had tried to kidnap her, but somehow, she always managed to avoid the attempts. 

He needed to gain her trust. 

It wasn't too hard. Listen to her sappy stories, act interested, get her to fall in love with him, etc. He had her wrapped around his finger. 

Until they went to Persephone's. 

No matter what Chris said, she wouldn't go back there. He knew where the house was, but he never had the time to go himself. He would have to send his men. 

Correction: his idiots. 

Chris knew that there was more to Persephone's story than Sara let on. He knew her secrets. But there were secrets that she hid, even from him. 

But not from Annalise. 

Annalise, was the key.