Chapter Sixteen

Jake's P.O.V

"What do you mean by I think he heard me?" I asked, clearly agitated by the news Jessica was bringing me.

"While I was on the phone with you, I heard someone go up the steps and it was only him and I there, so it had to be him. I didn't even hear him come down, he was supposed to be in bed waiting for me to return with his lunch" she ranted. "When I went back upstairs, he was acting weird."

I leaned back in my chair and started to think about what I was going to do. Thanks to Jessica, my plan may be ruined.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"SORRY, YOU'RE SORRY. MY ASS WILL BE PUT IN JAIL IF I GET CAUGHT. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET. YOU CAN'T SLIP UP LIKE THIS" I yelled at her.

Feeling a headache coming on, I grabbed a bottle of whiskey from inside my desk and poured myself a glass.

"Will you please go feed our guest" I said in a more soft tone.

She simply nodded her head and walked out my office.

Cameron's P.O.V

I've been sitting outside my brother's house for about 5 hours now and I've learned absolutely nothing.

"If you don't mind me asking-"

"I do" I said interrupting the cab driver.

He nodded his head and then turned back around and slouched into his seat.

"Tap me when you're ready to go sir" he said, then closed his eyes.

I waited for another hour, nothing. I was about to tap on the driver when I saw Samantha coming out the house crying.

Whatever he did to make her cry, she deserves it and anything else he does to her.

Not wanting to stck around any longer, I tapped on the driver and told him to take me home.

Authors note:

Please don't kill me for taking so long to update and I'm sorry that it's so short but I've been dealing with some things and it's been cutting into my writing time. I'll try to have another update soon and hopefully it's longer.