Chapter Thirteen

authors note:

Sorry I don't update as much as you guys want me to, I've been busy studying for my ap exam.
Also I want to inform you that one of your comments has inspired the rest of the course of this book. It was an really good idea and I just had to use it. So thanks and I'll DM the person who inspired me and I'll let everyone know who it is on the last chapter.

-XxclarissaxX

Cam's Point Of View

It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. I couldn't keep giving all my heart to someone who would only give me half. I don't share. I never have and I never will. Once something is mine, I like it to stay mine. Not it be mine for a month then my brothers the next month and then back to me. I feel the sane way with my women. I don't like to share.

It's not like I wanted to make her cry, but it had to be done. Someone needed to break the love triangle and I knew my brother wasn't going to do it, so I did.

When I walked away, I could hear her crying. I wanted run back to her and tell her that it was all a lie ( well, not the part when I said I love you ).I wanted to tell her that I'm not really trying things out with Jessica, I wanted to tell her that I don't want her to be happy with Jake and that I want her to be with me and only me. I wanted to tell her that she makes me a better person and that I didn't mean what I said about her being as whore. Truth is, I've never met someone who could make me feel the way Sam does.

I want to tell her all those things, but I can't. She deserves someone who's going to treat her right. Someone who won't yell at her or cheat on her. Someone who's not my brother or myself. I just can't find the strength to let her go though.

And that is why I'm sitting in my office, starring at Sam file my old paperwork. I know it hurts her to be in the same room with me but I like her presence. It's selfish, I know.

" Why am I filing papers from 2009 " she asked, interrupting my thoughts.

" I might need some of those papers and I don't want to have to go digging for them. " I replied.

She rolled her eyes and went back to filing.

" How's Jake doing ?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

" Why do you care " she replied, never looking away from the files.

" I didn't ask you to ask me if I cared. I asked how is my brother and look at me when you're speaking to me. " I demanded.

She put the file she had in her hand down, stood up, and walked up to my desk.

She looked me straight in my eyes and said " He's doing great, you should visit him sometime. Now if you'll excuse me Mr.King, I have to use the restroom".

Sam walked out my office, not waiting for my reply, and slammed the door shut. I always did like my women feisty.

Five minutes later, Sam comes stomping back in.

" What made you so mad?" I asked.

" Nothing, absolutely nothing, sir " she replied, returning to her filing job.

" In my experiences when a woman says nothing is wrong that actually means something is up and that hell is about to freeze over" I teased.

" Can we stop with jokes and keep it professional, please sir. " she said keeping her attention to the filing cabinet.

" Of course, I was just trying to make small talk, and since were keeping it professional, you can't go on a lunch break until you finish filing " I replied and walked out with a fake smile plastered on my face and I could hear her break down in tears, but I didn't turn around to check on her, I kept on walking out.

An hour later, I come back from lunch and found Sam still on the ground filling.

" Did you ever get lunch?" I asked curiously.

" No, sir " she whispered.

" Here I brought you a salad " I replied, handing her a bag filled with salad and dressing.

" Thank you " she said taking the bag from me and walking out.

I looked over at the piles of paper still on the floor and realized that if I wouldn't have brought her lunch she would have never eaten.

I decided to let Sam have a break, so I told Sarah Louise, my secretary to finish it for her.

" Why am I doing this again, not that I mind doing it, I just want to know why " Sarah asked.

" Sam's not feeling too, good. So you're going to have to finish it up for me " I replied.

" I heard her talking on the phone in the bathroom, I think something happened to her mom. She was crying when she walked out " she stated.

So that's why she's been crying. Something's going on with her mom. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder. I wasn't the reason for all her tears, her mother was.

Leaving Sarah in my office to work, I decided to walk over to Sam's desk.

" Can we talk? " I asked.

She nodded her head and led me into an empty meeting room.

" You okay ?" I asked as soon as the door was shut.

" Yeah " she lied, " Why wouldn't I be ".

" Someone said they heard you crying in the restrooms and they heard you talking about your mom. I just wanted to make sure you were okay ".

" My mom had a heart attack today and she's currently in the hospital " Sam said, breaking down again.

Wanting to let her know that I was here for her, I pulled her into an embrace and let her cry on my shoulders.

" Anything you need you let me know " I replied, " If you need to take the week off to visit her, go ahead."

" I-I w-would but she, she lives in T-T-Texas and I c-cant afford a ticket. " she sobbed into my shoulder.

" Don't worry about that I'll pay for the ticket and I'll even pay for her hospital bills. Anything you need I'll get it for you " I reassured her.

" You're my hero " she said, laying her head on my chest.

" That's all I ever wanted to be "