Chapter Seventeen

Sam's P.O.V

As I was pacing around my bedroom in Jake's house, I noticed a cab parked on the other side. Two hours later and the cab was still parked.

What is he waiting for, I thought to myself. Hopefully Jake is leaving. I've been waiting for the chance to escape.

Three weeks ago, I went to go see my mother. She had fallen down the stairs in her home. She broke her arm and dislocated her hips.

I thought it was an accident, I was wrong. She had been pushed by some guy Jake hired.

When I got to the hospital, Jake was there too. He was standing by my mother, when I walked in.

He told me thay if I didn't marry him, more people would be hurt. So not wanting to put anyone's life in danger, I agreed.

Little did I know, Cameron was going to propose to me.

I didn't want to hurt him. I just needed to protect my family.

"Will you stop pacing" Jake said as he entered the room.

"What do you want" I snapped back.

"Watch that tone of yours before I put you down in the basement with you mother" he stated.

"I'd rather be down there with her instead of in here" I shot back.

"You wouldn't want your mother to see this" he replied.

"What are yo-", before i could finish, Jake slammed me up against the wall.

"One of your duties as wife is to please me" he said as he scanned my body.Why didnt I wear a sack today.