Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

It had been a week since I started dating Cameron and I still haven't told Jake about us, I thought about picking up the phone and calling him but then quickly changed my mind because I didn't want to have to hurt him. I even thought about telling Cameron to tell his brother but all he would do is brag about it in his face.

Maybe I should invite him over and talk to him face to face, I mean were both adults. I'm sure everything will go fine and he'll understand my decision.

I grabbed my phone and started calling Jake.

" Hey gorgeous " he said through the line.

" Can you come over today " I asked.

" Yeah sure, what time " .

" Right now "  I said and hung up the phone before he could say anything else.

I walked out Cameron's bedroom, which is also mine now because he insisted on sharing it with me, and knocked on his office door.

" Yes, Beautiful " he chimes and I walk in blushing because of his comment but quickly try to hide it.

" Your brother calls me gorgeous and all I can get from you is beautiful. You need to step your game up " I teased.

" You do realize there is no difference between gorgeous and beautiful " he replied

" and my brother is not to be mentioned in our home ".

" So would you be mad if he came over today " I asked

" What reason could he have for being here " .

" I want to tell him about us  " I stated.

" You could have just did that over the phone " he said sounding annoyed.

" It seemed less hurtful to do it in person than over the phone "

He rolled his eyes and was about to to say something else when Claire, his maid, came in and said Jake was waiting downstairs.

" Speaking of the devil " he whispered.

" If anyone's the devil, it's you " I whispered back.

He shot me a mischievous grin and walked out his office. I followed directly behind him and down the steps.

" Little brother, glad you could make it " Cameron said sarcastically.

" I'm only here because Samantha called me " he replied coldly.

" How about some lunch " I offered nervously.

" Sounds breast " Jake said while taking off his Jacket. I grabbed it and put in the coat closet, then led him to the dining room.

" I'll go see what the chef has prepared for today " I said then rushed into the kitchen.

I started pacing around, thinking g about how things were going to go. If he doesn't take this well then I don't know what I'm going to do. I really don't want them fighting because of me. Maybe I should have just called him, like Cameron said to do. It would have been a whole lot easier.

I walked back into the dining room. I choose the seat next to Cameron, which was directly across from Jake.

The room was really silent and I prayed that the food will be out shortly.

My prayers were answered. The food came out and instead of silence, I could hear forks on plates, which isn't really that much different than sitting in silence but still it was better than nothing.

" The steak is good " I said trying to break the ice.

" Its a little overdone " Jake replied.

" Recall cause, I thought it was perfectly fine. Are my steaks not good enough for you, little brother. " Cameron said to Jake.

" I was just stating my opinion " .

I looked around hoping the conversation would end but Cameron was no where near done.

" Why don't you just take the steak, like you do everything else that I like " Cameron said while throwing his steak on Jakes plate.

" I don't want the stupid steak " Jake said throwing it back on Camerons plate.

" No I insist you take, I'll just end up taking it back anyways. " Cameron replied and I knew I had to stop the conversation before it gets ugly.

" STOP " I yelled.

Both brothers looked at me and I knew I was going to have to tell Jake the reason why he's here today.

" Jake there's something I have to tell you. I don't know how to put this but, Cameron and I are sorta dating now. " I said

" You just had to take her didn't you " Jake said to Cameron .

" She was never yours to begin with, little brother " Cameron said with a smirk.

In a swift move,Jake leaned over the table and punched Cameron in the face. Cameron's nose started to drip blood.

" Jake " I whispered trying to calm him down.

" Shut up " he said with hatred in his eyes. " Your nothing but a slut to me "

I started to cry and Cameron started to get pissed.

" What did you just call her" Cameron said very angrily.

" I called her a low class slut " Jake responded.

Cameron walked over to Jakes side of the table and tackled him down to the ground and started to repeatedly punching  Jake in his face. I grabbed Cameron and tried to pull him off but he wouldn't budge.

" Please stop Cameron, please " I begged

He stopped and looked at me and saw my tears. He got off of Jake, who's face was all bloody and bruised.

" Leave " Cameron said to Jake. Jake got up and walked out not looking at me once.

" Come here " he said to me. I walked over to him and he hugged me, " I'm sorry " .

" What if you would've gotten hurt " I cried.

" I didn't though. " he replied and wiped the tears off my face.

" I think I want to be alone for the rest of the day " I said while drying the tears off my race.

" That's fine, I'll be in my office if you need me. " he said and kissed me on my forehead.

I walked upstairs, went into the bedroom and layed down on the bed. I threw my face into the pillows and cried myself to sleep.

A/N:

Sorry it took so long to update. I had a very busy week. There was Christmas, my moms birthday, I had family over and I just didn't have time to write. Also I want to thank everyone who's read my book. I'm up to 300 reads now.

Don't forget to vote and comment

  -xxclarissaxx