Chapter 7

•••

•••

"How are you feeling?" Evie heard which made her snap back into reality.

The memory faded in her mind as she turned to meet Embry. He was softly smiling, hands shoved into his jeans' pocket. He then walked over to her and sat next to her on the wooden log.

"I noticed you were kinda off earlier," he said.

Evie slightly smiled. Embry was always so caring toward her. He was always to kind and lovely, so sweet and gentle. He always checked on her to know if she was alright, or knew what to say to make her feel good. If Evie was getting better, a big part was because of Embry. And she was grateful to him.

"How did you find me?" Evie only asked.

Embry playfully scoffed.

"C'mon, I know you, V," he smiled. "You've always loved the sound of the sea. So I figured you would be either here or at the cliff,"

Evie's smile widened a bit. She felt quite flustered. Embry and she had always been friends. But this months together brought them even closer. Embry saw Evie in a state she would have never allow anyone but her family to see. He saw her at her lowest. So the bond their share was even closer than before. Even stronger. Embry was there when she needed him. Evie felt incredibly grateful but guilty at the same time. He was giving her so much of his time. She felt like she was being a burden.

"I'm sorry," she suddenly said. Embry frowned and looked at her. "You should be having fun with the others. Not worrying about me,"

"Don't talk rubbish," Embry scolded. "I don't mind being here. I want to be here. How could I ignore you when you not all right. I told you, I'm here for you,"

Evie felt even more grateful. She didn't know what she had done in her previous life to deserve having him by her side. But she must have done something incredibly heroic. The more she spent time with Embry, the more she grew fond of him.

"The person you'll imprint on will be one lucky person," she smiled. "I envy them,"

"Well, maybe I'll never find an imprint," Embry said.

"Don't say that, you surely will," Evie reassured.

"No, I mean..." Embry paused a moment. Evie looked at him. He was staring at the sea. "Honestly, this soul mate thing is kinda scary. Being connected with someone forever... I mean, what if you hated the person at first and it turns out they are your imprintee?"

Evie chuckled.

"Yeah, it would be awkward,"

"And then there is this situation with Leah and Sam," Embry continued. "They were together but she wasn't his imprintee. He had to break up with her to get with Emily. Who's her cousin. I mean, it's pretty messed up,"