Chapter 10

•••

Two days have passed since Jacob came back. All the guests for the wedding left, and Bella and Edward went to their honeymoon. So calm was back in Forks. Or at least in Evie's room. She hadn't gone back to Sam's place since the wedding. She just couldn't go there knowing Jacob would also be there. Every time she saw him, she was seeing the good time they spent together. Then, the pain when he left. Evie couldn't face him yet. She needed time, one, get use to the idea he was back, and two, to gather the strength to face him.

Today was the day. The pack decided to go to the beach. There was no threat, it had been a few days now that Sam stopped the patrols. So the pack had plenty of time. And it was summer break so everyone was free.

Evie was in her getting ready to go. Shs took her phone and put it i. Her pocket. At the same time, she heard knocks on the door. Embry was awkwardly standing in the frame of the door. Since she had showed up at they usual hang out for two days, it meant that she hadn't seen nor talked to Embry toom

"Hey," Embry awkwardly said.

"Hey," Evie awkwardly said too.

"Um, Seth let me in on his way out," he explained. Evie nodded as she leaned on her desk.

"Um... come," she gestured him to enter. Embry hesitated a minute before leaning next to her. Usually, Embry would be so hesitant or awkward.

"I just... wanted to talk to you about what happened at the beach," Embry said. "I don't want things to get awkward between us. I mean, it's already is but, you know what I mean,"

"Yeah," Evie chuckled. Embry slightly smiled then took a deep breath.

"I think you kinda figured that you are the girl I really like," Embry said. Evie looked at him. "And I know we will never be together. Even more now that Jake is back. I shouldn't have kissed you back then. Jacob not being there is not an excuse. I know you and Jacob will always be together but... I just want you to know that I've liked you. And don't worry much about it, okay? I'll get over you. But I don't want us to part ways,"

Evie smiled at him. She was relieved they talked it out. She knew this story wasn't entirely over. But at least her friendship with Embry was not dead.

"I don't want us to part ways too," she said, relieved. "It's not possible anyway. We're in the same pack," she joked.

"Yeah," Embry laughed. "I'm relieved we're good,"

"Come on, I cannot be mad at you," she playfully nudged him. Embry chuckled and side hugged her. "Come on we should get going now,"

Evie took her keys from her desk and both she and Embry headed out of the Clearwater household. The way to the beach took a few minutes on walk. But it allowed the two friends to talk and fool around.