Chapter 2

•••

•••

Evie was still lied down on her bed, but this time, her back was facing the wall. Her long black hair was a bit wet, sticking gently on her face. Her pyjamas were new, even though it was just a black tee too big for her and a pair of shorts. The female shapeshifter just went back from the shower. One of the very few reasons why she stood up from her bed and left her room. But it still felt like a tremendously tiring trip, a journey filled with hardship and dangers. An adventure where she had to give all of her strength, a test that required everything you got. The bathroom room was across her room.

Everything Evie does felt like a hard task. She had no energy left. She had nothing for her to believe in. She had no reason to start a day. Her heart was broken. Her spirit was broken. She was broken. And all of that because he left. Without a word, without an explanation, without a reason. He did have a reason, but Evie doesn't understand it. He left because Bella was getting married to Edward. But why did it put him on the edge? He told Evie he didn't love Bella. He told Evie he loved her. He told Evie he cared for Bella but not in that way. So why the official announcement of her wedding made him leave? Did he lie to her? Did he still love Bella? But he seemed so happy when they were going on dates and spending time together. He told Evie multiple times he loved her. Did he lie? Was it all an act? Was it all comedy? Did he use her to forget about Bella? No. He couldn't do that, couldn't he? Evie was lost, she didn't know what to think. She wanted to believe, she still believes that he loves her, Evie Clearwater, that he was sincere every time they were together. But a part of her was doubting. A part of her is unsure. A part of her was questioning his true feelings. A part of her was wondering if he did turn the page, the Bella chapter of his life. A part of her was struggling to trust his word. After all, he left because of Bella's wedding. What should Evie think about that? What should she do with this information?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

She heard on the door. The door opened, revealing Seth, her younger brother. He had his usual sunshine smile that could enlighten the day of any person on the planet. It used to enlight Evie's days. Used. Now it has less effect on her. She still loved seeing her brother smile - even though she never shows it - but it doesn't cheer her up like it used to do. Seth's light doesn't reach her anymore.

The youngest of the Clearwater family stepped into the room and sat down next to Evie's bed, near of where her head was lied down.

"Hi, V! Did you eat breakfast yet?" Seth asked. He learned to stop asking about her night, or about how she was doing. She would always look away and tears would threaten to fall. Asking about her night or how she felt is useless. It would just remind her of the pain, about her loss. Because she lost Jacob. She lost a part of her. Besides, it was pretty obvious that she wasn't doing well at all. So what's the point of asking? Courtesy? Politeness? Kindness? Caring? She didn't need that. She needed him to come back. But the more the days pass, the more hope was dying. Seth knew all of that. So he stopped asking, and Evie was grateful.