Side Story: Zuma

Don't know what's wrong with me this night. I'm having POV confusion. Third person omniscient or limited? Kinda hard so I tried both and now I feel like something's off with this story. I'll just stick to omniscient on the next stories.

The clear blue sky cried all of the sudden. It was different from just a few moments ago when the pups were playing volleyball. It was as if a storm hurled in bringing blowing winds and rolling thunders. Flashes of lightning lit the sky and followed by a drum of thunder. The calm waves of the beach retreated back to the ocean only to come back with a swift strong push on the shore. The howling winds convinced every resident of Adventure Bay despair… including the Paw patrol.
            However, amidst the frightful storm, two pups were as calm as settling water – Marshall and Rocky. On a green pillow, they laid beside each other watching Apollo the super dog as the other pups were frightened to their tail. Rocky laughs as Marshall constantly teases him, biting and pulling his ears and rolling his lover on the floor not minding what’s happening on their giant screen TV.
            “Marshall, stop. I’m tryna’ watch Apollo the super dog” Rocky laughed, begging his playmate to stop with his little game.
            “Why don’t ya’ just watch me for a change, eh, Rocky?” Marshall said as he tugs Rocky’s ear, playfully growling.
            Rocky paused.
            “Rocky?” Marshall stopped, “You’re not mad, are you?” he asked, looking at the petrified eco-pup.
            Rocky stood up and raised his ear, “I hear… pup-pup boogie!” he yelled, racing upstairs, leaving Marshall behind.
            Marshall followed and caught up seeing Rocky watch Chase and Skye play pup-pup boogie. “You could have at least waited for me” Marshall complained.
            Rocky giggled, “I don’t really play pup-pup boogie much but I love watching our friends play!” he said in excitement and thereafter, they spoke no more.
            After a long moment of watching, Rocky went to the snack dispenser to fill his tummy with scrumptious treats. He noticed Zuma in one corner, cowering over something though obviously the storm.
            “What’s wrong, Zuma?” Rocky asked, tossing over a treat to his close friend.
            Zuma sighed. “Nothing, dude” he said as Rocky starts to notice something fishy going on. “Rocky, you like Marshall, right?” Zuma asked, looking at the tomato-red pup.
            Rocky stammered, he went all red up to his face but calmly looked at Zuma. “Yes, I do” Rocky said nonchalantly.
            “Well… how does it feel like being loved by the one you love?” Zuma asked, faking a smile to show Rocky he’s not hiding something.
            Rocky pushed aside his food bowl filled with treats and confronted Zuma head-on. “Zuma, who do you favor?” Rocky asked, touching his paw on Zuma’s.
            “Pshh. No one” Zuma laughed and smiled largely. His grin suddenly fades as Rocky looked at him with a pissed face. “It’s Chase…” Zuma scratched his paw on the floor.
            Rocky was speechless… not because what Zuma said surprised him but because he was in the same situation as Zuma is.
            Zuma took a deep breath before letting it all go. “Chase is a good guy…” Zuma’s eyes darted off a different direction.
            Rocky coughed, “And?” he asked, squeezing the Labrador to a corner.
            “And he’s good at pup-pup boogie… and a righteous pup… and a good friend… and funny at times” Zuma sighed in bleakness. “I just want to know what it feels like to be loved back” he said solemnly before walking to look at Chase and Skye play pup-pup boogie. “But I know he likes Skye” he forced out a smile.
            Rocky walked over to him, comforting him with what he can say. “Tell him” Rocky said, smiling at Zuma.
            “Are you crazy?” Zuma looked at Rocky crazily.
            “I thought I was too” Rocky said, keeping his large grin attached to his face.
            Zuma swallowed deeply and slightly agreed to what his friend just said. Slowly walking to Chase and Skye, “Can I have the next game?” Zuma quivered. It was so unlike him to show his unconfident side to anyone.
            “Sure” Skye said, “I could use a water break just about now” she continued as she handed out Zuma the dance floor.
            Zuma slowly walks in and plays pup-pup boogie.
            “This is gonna be great” Chase said as he grew more enthusiastic now that Zuma is his opponent.
            “Ha-ha… yeah” Zuma agreed.
            The tiles glowed over Zuma’s paws but he couldn’t move freely. At round one, he was already beaten.
            “I’ll take a break first” Chase walked out, leaving Zuma frozen to where he stood.
            “Yeah… sure” He mumbled.
            Rocky jogged to Zuma with a treat hanging from his mouth. “So how did it go?” Rocky munched on his treat.
            “Don’t worry… I’ll tell him” Zuma followed after Chase.
            Downstairs, in front of the giant screen TV sat Rubble, Chase and Skye. They were all watching Apollo the super dog, slowly forgetting about the storm. Zuma swallowed deeply and crouched, crawling towards Chase. “I have something to tell you” Zuma whispered, “Go to Ryder’s garage… I’ll tell you there” he hurriedly ran to the garage and waited for Chase to come.
            After what seems forever, Chase showed up with large smile on his face. They sat in front of each other as Zuma began explaining.
            “Chase… I have something to tell you” Zuma started and turned his back on Chase, “This may seem odd but I can assure you this is all real”
            Chase wondered for a while before finally getting where Zuma’s going at. “I’ll listen” he said to him.
            Zuma took a deep breath and faced Chase. “You know… you’re the greatest paw patrol member I know” he said quickly as he smiles at Chase.
            Chase stood up and nodded. “Thank you?” he unsurely said before looking at the ground and decided to leave.
            “Wait” Zuma pleaded, “What I meant to say was… I love you”
            Chase comes to a stop and looked at Zuma who now looked unlike himself. He sat down as he listened to the words that came out Zuma’s mouth.
            “I love you, Chase” Zuma repeated, “You hold everything I like” he continued, getting closer and closer to Chase.
            Chase spaced out. His gaze froze in a single direction. Who knows what’s going on his mind? He shook his head and resumed to Zuma.
            “Zuma…” Chase looked down, “This doesn’t change anything between us. We’re still pup-pup boogie competitors” he smiled but Zuma just shrugs. “Look… you’re my closest friend, Zuma but friendship is all that I can give you” Chase blushed, “I like Skye…”
            “I kinda saw this coming but even so, I still took the chance of telling you. I just really want to know what it feels like to be loved in return.” As Zuma faces the opposite direction, he felt a slight bump on his back. Looking at what bumped him; Chase embraces Zuma with a hug.
            “Do you feel it now?” Chase asked, hugging Zuma tighter. “I might not be the one for you but it doesn’t hurt to make you feel like I am… right?”
            Zuma opened his mouth, about to say something but just kept it to himself.

What you’re doing right now just made me even want to love you even more.