Horrors of the Forest

I think it's about time I add my own characters ^_^

        Marshall rolled on Rocky as he heavily slept beside him inside the lookout. Rocky snored, not minding Marshall who now laid his back on top of his and this little romantic act was stopped all of the sudden when Ryder called them from the lookout.
            “Huh?” Marshall woke up.
            His voice was husky, and, he had spoken with apparent effort.
            “Ryder’s calling,” Rocky said, getting up and tumbling Marshall off him as he made an immediate run to the elevator.
            Marshall ran after him as he was about to be the last one inside the elevator and for sure, he would clumsily bowl the pups but he didn’t. He ran clumsily but didn’t fall or tripped down which made the other pups wonder why.
            “This is the first time you got in here safely, Marshall,” Rocky said, tagging Marshall’s elbow as everybody laughs.
            When they arrived at the top floor, Ryder sat on an office chair with both of his hands dug through his hair.
            “Ready for action, Ryder sir” Chase phrased, alarming Ryder of their presence.
            “Thanks for being here so quickly pups,” Ryder began. “Someone sent me a video call,” he continued, previewing the video call to the pups. “You see, this video is a little bit mysterious but I adjusted its audio to enhance the faint voice we can hear.” He swiped his pup pad and let the pups here the audio message that sent shivers on their backs. The speaker sounded unnatural and with a high pitched voice she said, “Help… please help me. I can’t get out.” And the rest of the video were the vastness of what seems to be a forest.
            “Creepy…” Chase said with a terrified voice, his tail wagging slowly.
            Rubble shook and shivered while mumbling “Please don’t pick me,” over and over again but to his unfortunate luck, all of the pups were picked and each of them has to split up to find whoever’s in trouble.

            At the entrance of the vast coniferous forest, Ryder gave each of the pups a signal flare of seven colors; red if Marshall and his ambulance is needed, blue if Chase’s spy gear comes in handy, Yellow if Rubble has some debris to move, orange if there’s a lake, pink if they want to relay their message to Skye since there won’t be any signal for them to contact through pup tag, green if there are any materials needed and black only to be signaled if there are life threatening situations.
            “I don’t trust whoever sent us that video call, pups” Ryder said, with a heavy tone that made each pup swallow in fear. He gazed at each of the pups and said, “If there is trouble, make a run for it. Your vehicles are also built for speed and only fight when you have no choice left.”
            And since then, the pups split up to find whoever.

4:30 PM

            Marshall drove past pine trees that were huddled at the sides of his dirt path. They were breathtakingly huge with small scratches at their bark. He came to a stop when the surrounding became familiar all of the sudden. He saw the cave he passed through when he was looking for Rocky during their camp and at the same time he realized that it was the same place. He went down his vehicle carrying the signal flares inside his pup pack. He walked to a more familiar place at a cleared area with pine trees surrounding it and there he remembered his passivity to Rocky that triggered a rush of heat to his ears.
            “Marshall?” asked a voice from behind. It sounded like Rocky’s so Marshall pretended to haven’t of heard him. “Is that you, Marshall?” the voice asked again. It was definitely Rocky he thought.
            With a swift leap, Marshall attacked him playfully and gave out a childish laugh after their little tumble. “Gotcha,” Marshall said as he touches his nose on Rocky’s with a little thought on his mind. Why did Rocky ask if it was him? He’d surely know.
            “I haven’t found any clues yet but maybe there’s something inside that cave,” Rocky said, getting up from the ground.
            “I see,” Marshall said suspiciously, slowly getting off of Rocky as he stood up. “How did you know there was a cave over there?” Marshall asked, sitting in front of him and wagged his tail fast, pretending to be entertained.
            Rocky stammered and for a while, he paused. “Remember when I got lost?” he asked, “I thought maybe there’s a clue inside there.”
            “Okay… use your flare to signal Skye so we can tell everyone to come here.”
            “Oh…” Rocky stuttered, “I was thinking that you could use yours so I could use mine for later” he stopped. “After all, we’re not sure if there’s a clue there,” he said as he walks at Marshall, closing in nearer to him.
            Marshall swallowed and his heart raced fast but he made it seem that he’s still having fun by wagging his tail. He knew that that Rocky isn’t the real Rocky. He could tell by the eyes. When he and Rocky looks at each other’s eyes, he could feel a rushing heat run his entire body but this Rocky didn’t trigger any.
            Marshall stood up and walked towards his vehicle. “Stay here, I’ll just go get the flares” he lied, trying to escape cleverly.
            “You liar,” the high pitched voice exclaimed, making Marshall turn his back only to see no one behind him. He quickly rushes to his truck and fires a black flare.