Chapter 1 (prologue)

Blair woke up to the usual sound of her dumb alarm clock going off at 7:00 AM. The ringing in her ears made her question whether she should get up or throw her phone off a three story building.

There was something about the obnoxious noise that was just so infuriating. Maybe it was because soon after shutting off the blaring alarm she would have to rush to work or because it was a constant reminder that she had woken up to live another day. Either way she still had to get up.

As she was swinging her legs over the side of the bed her thoughts drifted off to the days when she was young and lived with her 7 other siblings. Her queen size bed was much bigger than the one that was rotting away at Umbrella Academy.

Although blair wanted to push every last traumatic thought of that horrid place away she knew she could not. Especially not today because at 12:00 pm she would have to leave the comforting safety of new york city to fly back for her fathers memorial.

His death had been written off as a heart attack, but she was sure her brother luther would have some type of conspiracy to explain it. Luther was always closest to Reginald and had a easier relationship with him then the rest of the siblings did.

The relationship between the two was in fact quite irritating to Blair and the rest of the sibling. They could never understand why Luther was so loyal to a man that seemed to be as hateful as the devil himself. Blair's father, if you could even call him that, was her second least favorite person. Her first being five the missing brother.

He had disappeared 17 years ago without return which to Blair's relief meant he would not be attending their fathers funeral. She hoped her other siblings Diego, Allison, klaus, and vanya would show up so that she would not be alone with Luther.

The creak of Blair's closet made all the hopes and despairing thoughts fade the only thing on her mind being what she should wear today. As Blair walked into her closet she begun staring at the many clothes she had earned with her job as a journalist.

One outfit stuck out the most, a short black mini skirt with a black vest. Blair smiled to herself thinking that the combination of wedding white and funeral black to the memorial service sounded perfect. She quickly slipped on the outfit and grabbed her purple suitcase from the top of the closet.

Not really paying attention to what she was doing, she threw many different combinations of outfits into the travel bag not even bothering to fold them. This was the first of many steps she took slowly that morning to prepare for her journey back to what as a child she had called home. The second step was brushing her teeth.

Since Blair could remember she had never liked her smile. The way her teeth lined up in a awkward position and the way she could never get them to be completely white. The older she got the more she grew fond of it, it made her feel more human. More normal. In fact she began to admire it. Everyone had their own flaws they saw in themselves, not even Blair could deny she had some.

Her favorite feature though was always her long brown hair which she began brushing after spitting the leftover toothpaste into her sink. Doing her minimum makeup became a part of her Dailey morning. She decided today on a natural look. The makeup such as black eye liner and cover up always seemed to fit everyone else but never was Blair's style.

Lastly she drank small and considerate sips of her chai tea coffee. Even as a kid her brother five had always loved black coffee which automatically made Blair hate it. She always needed some type of sweetener in it usually being chai tea powder which she had grown addicted to since becoming a journalist.

By the end of all these actions it was 9:30 AM which gave her plenty of time to mentally prepare herself for the future events. Blair would soon realize that nothing she did that morning could have prepared her for her least favorite siblings return.

☽☽☽

"She wanted to drown in emotions that
were light enough to keep her
above the surface"

☽☽☽

——————————————————————-
Tell me what you guys think in the comments. Also I might make an aesthetic picture for Blair any suggestions———>
-the author