Chapter 12: too late

When I awake next I think i'm being boiled alive. My insides sear with an unforgiving pain that rips throughout my body. The sensation makes me wonder if even my flesh knows what was taken from it. As if my body was grieving the power I once held.

A few minutes pass before I am able to slowly open my eyes. Warm sweat drips down my face leaving behind the taste of salt. I lay in a white hospital bed that is too springy to be comfortable. My hands are chained to my sides by thick brown leather. What's the point? My hands are no longer a threat.

It only took one glass vial to shatter my world completely. The air around me feels suffocating. My hands are shaking as I attempt to take in sharp breaths of air. I can't protect myself anymore. I can't help the world the way my siblings can. I- "You're awake," a voice snaps loudly in front of me.

My lungs go quiet at the voice, the anger rushing through my veins overcoming the fear. My body  begs to choke whoever stole my powers from me. To feel them stop breathing beneath me. "Go to hell" I mumble yanking against the leather holding me down roughly, but the effort is too forced. I wince harshly gritting my teeth together.

"Stubborn till the end darling? Well no matter you're weak now, just like the rest of us," the woman says walking to stand at the edge of my hospital bed. "They'll find me you know? and when they do, they'll burn this entire organization to the ground for what you have done" I threaten my teeth staying clamped shut, digging my nails into the soft bed sheets. The woman only clucks her tongue.

Her bright red lips twist into a smirk that makes me want to gag. "You still think they're coming? It's been almost two weeks love, if they could find you don't you think they would have by now?" she says causing my expression to harden.

Her smile only brightens as she sees the cracks in my facade. I want to claw the look off her face. "No one is coming to save you honey, but I can offer you something" she says leaning forward onto my bed.

"Just let me go" I say harshly staring at the restraints strapping me down. "I could let you go, or you could work for me."

Red. Hot. Anger.  "Go to fucking hell," I spit out wishing I could rip that damn smile off her face. The blonde woman's laugh rings in my ears, taunting me. "This is your last chance Blair. Either you go back to your siblings useless." She says empathizing useless. "Or you go back with a purpose. Kill five hargreeves."

My stomach drops at her words. A confused expression stretches across hee face making hee smile wider. "Why would you want five dead?". She clicks her tongue mocking me as if I was a child. "What he's doing is dangerous, messing with the timeline. He's a threat that needs to be taken out."

My breath hitches at her words. I feel like I'm panicking but why am I panicking? He hates me. I hate him. Before I can answer there's a knock on the door and than it flys open.

—————————————————————————

Hey everyone who is reading this book or has read this book. I promise I'm still alive. I started a new school a year ago and I didn't know where I was going with this so I haven't published in awhile. But I wanted to publish this short chapter to let everyone know I'm alive and the story is not over. More chapters to come.

-the author