Chapter 2: time

(Possibly trigger warning, abuse, blood, and curse words)

The airplane flight was not nearly long enough even though it was supposedly 7 hours, but the cab ride felt even shorter. Blair could not even get herself to listen to the old lady driving the cab, trying to make polite small talk.

It was not until she arrived in front of the very gates of "hell" that she realized what she had done. After her many years of freedom she had come back to the wretched place called umbrella academy. Why had she even come back for the stupid memorial she wondered? She knew she owed her father absolutely nothing.

"Hello dear, we have arrived" the old lady that blair thought was named mary said. Her old wrinkled eyes stared at blair for few moments waiting for a response. Grabbing the money out of her pocket to pay mary she mumbled "Right sorry". She then stepped out of the yellow cab embracing the cold air which began nipping at her skin.

In her hand was the small purple suitcase and a black kate spade purse that was sent to her by allison on a late birthday. "Thank you for the ride" blair yelled over the howling wind slamming the cab door closed. This was it. She had escaped to new york only to be dragged back. As she started to walked to the front door she saw a couple of cars in the front, one black and one blue thus concluding some of her siblings had arrived.

Standing in front of the intimidating door blair began to question whether she should knock or not considering the fact it was her home she decided against it. The door croaked an awful noise as she stepped into the mansion. It hadn't changed very much still big with the vibe that a haunted house would have. Her eyes flickered around the room as she felt two arms come around her from behind.

"I missed you my favorite object moving sibling" said the voice of her closest sibling. The lanky arms began to let go turning blair around. Behind her she met the red eyes of her very noticeably high sibling.

Klaus sounded the same, still light and cheery but anyone could tell the way the pills had changed him.The drugs were klaus's only escape from everything. For a couple of hours he could feel nothing but a haze of happiness. Yet the smile he wore did not hid the nightmares that haunted his sleep or the many debilitating days of loneliness he had endured. 

"Klaus my favorite death seeing sibling" blair replied opening her arms to give him a full hug. When everyone had gone there separate ways blair had  hoped klaus would not fall into the deep pit he was in now, she was scared he would have no way to crawl out of it. Nonetheless, this hope was false and she felt a sudden wave of guilt go past her.

She wished she had done more, maybe help him feel less alone. In the end it didn't matter, she could not change her past mistakes or his. "Where are the rest of our unpleasant siblings" blair questioned. Klaus turned to the left staring ahead with dilated pupils. "In the living room" he answered voice dragging slowly. They both began shuffling into the living room. 

"So I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at dads favorite spot" luther says as blair and klaus walk into the open living room. The rest of her siblings except the least favorite one of course, all sat around the cold living room. The tension was so thick it felt like you could cut it with a knife. "Dad had a favorite spot?" blair asks announcing her presence. Everyone turns to the 5'3 girl who had not aged since they had last saw her.

"Hey blair" vanya says rushing into the 16 year olds arms. The embrace was tight and blair could tell vanya had been waiting for this moment. "Thank you for finally deciding to show up" diego says from behind with what could almost be consider a smirk and a frown.

Rolling her eyes she lets go of vanya turning to the rest of her siblings with a smile. Diego always was the one with the wittiest attitude. Although when they were kids blair certainly did challenge him, he always somehow bested her with his snappy comebacks.