home - 21

I knock on the door to Finneas and Claudia's room gently. Finneas opens the door and they both smile when they see me. "Billie's next door, we gotta be quiet. When're you planning to surprise her?"

I've been thinking about this since I planned the flight. I just wanna knock on the door and deliver a stupid, cheesy line when she opens it. "Hopefully in a few minutes. God, why am I so nervous?" 

"Don't freak out, you're gonna make her day!" Claudia promises, grabbing my hands. "But lemme fix your hair before you go over there, alright?"  I nod, and she combs out my hair with her fingers, twisting it into a loose braid. "Go, she's gonna be so happy!" 

⋆⋆⋆

I knock on the wooden hotel door, taking a deep breath and preparing myself I don't exactly sob when I see her. The door opens and she switches from her resting face to a grin in a split second. I totally forgot to say the cheesy line I was planning to do, but the hug was very much worth it. "Holy fuck, how are you here right now?" 

I laugh, the air almost being pushed out of my lungs at how tightly she's hugging me. "I bought a ticket last night, I wanted to be here." She pulls back, a shocked look on her face. "I couldn't stay away any longer." 

"I missed you so much," She laughs, gently grasping my face, "How long are you here for?" 

"I dunno, I don't have any work to do right now so... However long I want, as long as it's okay with you and your team." She hugs me tightly again, seemingly in disbelief. She takes my hand and drags me to the bed to cuddle with her. 

Her cuddles have always been my favorite thing. A feeling of safety and warmth, knowing that my girlfriend is with me and that I'm so grateful that I get to be with her. "We're gonna go out on the best date tonight. The best one ever." She wraps her arms around my waist and then pulls me to her chest. I flip around to see her face. "God, you're so gorgeous." She leans in for a much overdue kiss.  She hums into the kiss, breaking it and flashing her perfect smile. "Baby, you're gonna be the death of me."

⋆⋆⋆

My precious little baby is the sweetest woman alive, how did I get so lucky? She's pulling all the strings so that we can have a nice date. (Claudia and Finneas will be joining us.) "Okay, so, we're going out to eat, then going up to the roof of the hotel, then we can fuck in our room." I blushed a bit, knowing she'd been thinking about it for a while. "Or if you don't want to we could just watch a movie and cuddle!" She added, quickly.

"Either's fine with me." I say, the smile evident in my voice. I wonder if she's had some caffeine today, she's so super energetic right now, darting back and forth around the room. I can't help but chuckle a little bit.  "Babe, calm down, you already look perfect." 

She runs into the bathroom, I hear the drawer open and hear shuffling come from the other room. "Fuck, I can't find it." Huh?

⋆⋆⋆

Boston at night is gorgeous. The lights and buildings are beautiful, I love the energy, even though the people can be assholes, it takes nothing away from the enchanting sights of the city. Claudia's pointing out little travel facts, Finneas is pretending to pay attention, and Bil and I are talking between ourselves. Of course, we're not exactly alone, there's security of course, but it's still amazing. 

We arrive at the restaurant and are immediately seated, as it's completely empty. It feels a little weird, sort of like we're not supposed to be here. "Babe, this is gorgeous."

She looks incredibly relieved. "You really like it?" I nod, laughing, teasingly pushing her shoulder. 

"Aw!" Claudia teases.

⋆⋆⋆

I've been to a lot of beautiful places in my life, but never witnessed something as amazing as a night on a rooftop in Boston with my girlfriend. The speakers are blasting music and all of us are dancing like maniacs, having the time of our lives, barely a care in the world. And then we're kissing and can't stop, as if this is what we need to live. 

"I love you," 

"I love you more than you could ever comprehend, I love you," I whisper against her lips.

Oh, how I didn't expect what would come later that night.

⋆⋆⋆

Let me explain. No, I didn't mean that as a dirty joke. We didn't actually... anyways, later that night, Billie explained to me something she'd been waiting to say for a long time. 

"When I get back to L.A., I'm moving. You're, uh, you're welcome to come with me, if you want. Not that you have to! I just - you have the option if you want, I just... I really, really love you." 

Sure. Sure, Billie. 

Now I know that because of how I overreacted in our last fight, you think I'm just being dramatic once again. But this time, it's absolutely not my fault. Because when I opened my Instagram, all that's on my feed and in my DMs is this one article: 

Billie Eilish's Boyfriend Revealed! 

What the fuck?

A/N: THE END! Surprise! 

Don't worry, the first chapter of the sequel is out right now! So go read it!