all nighter pt. 2 - 3

We were only about halfway through Heathers, and I was right, Billie was loving it. Her comments were probably the most entertaining part of the whole movie. I heard a ding come from my phone, it was a message from my girlfriend. 

"Wait, what the fuck?" I shouted as soon as I finished reading it. I re-read it to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. "What the fuck?" I paused the movie, so did Billie. She looked at me for clarification, and I said, in disbelief, "My girlfriend just dumped me over text." 

"You're joking, right?" I shook my head, tearing up. No, I'm not doing that. I'm not gonna cry over her. I'm not gonna do it, she's not worth it. But I can't stop myself. "Oh my god, baby, I'm so sorry. That's such a dick move." I buried my face in my hands and started sobbing. I did my best to collect myself, but nothing seemed to be working. "I'm sorry, I wish I could be there and hug you, is there anything I can do?" 

I shake my head once more, "Can we just keep watching the movie? I can mute myself so you don't have to hear me sobbing." 

"Of course we can, and don't fuckin' worry about it, you're totally good my dude." I nod, sniffling. I put myself on mute anyways, just because I didn't want to be a bother. I couldn't pull myself together, even after the movie was done. "Hey. What's goin' on in that pretty little head of yours?"

I sighed. "I can't believe she broke up with me. We weren't fighting, I don't know what I did wrong."

"What makes you think it's something you did?" What does make me think that? "It could've been her fault." She reasoned, trying to stop me from spiraling into blaming myself.

"I don't know, I just always mess everything up. All of our relationship problems were always my fault." That's not the truth, but I believed it was for a really long time. Another ding came in from my phone. "She cheated on me. Four times." My heart sank. I felt like I was gonna be sick.

I could tell she didn't know how to respond. She was biting her nails, tearing up a bit herself. She ran a hand through her hair. "I'm so sorry..." She whispered. "That's so fucked up." I can't do anything but sit there in silence and let tears stream down my face. 

"We were so happy, why'd she do it?" I sobbed. We had fights, but so did any other couple, I never thought she'd do something like that to me. 

"Because people fucking suck. I'm so sorry, Roxie, you didn't deserve that at all." She tried to comfort me. But at this point, it wouldn't make a difference. I just had my heart shattered into millions of little pieces. "Just... You're gonna have a rough time for a while, and I'll always be here to talk if you need me, okay? I promise, whenever you need me I'll be there. And I'll never leave you on read." She laughed softly. 

I flopped down onto my back, sighing and staring up at the ceiling. "I'm not gonna pity myself. I'm just gonna live my life like normal."  

I look over at the screen; Billie's leaning on her hand, looking at her phone, smiling sadly. "Her loss, honestly. You're super cool." 

"And you're super soft, no matter how many times you deny it." She looked about ready to fight a bitch. "Hey, I'm just saying what we both know is true!" 

She crosses her arms, pouting, looking like a child throwing a tantrum. "I'm not soft. Even if I was, which I'm fucking not, you bitch, I'd never admit it." I roll my eyes, even though she can't see it.

"You're adorable. Deny it all ya want, I know the truth." I smiled, it felt really nice to be joking around with someone, especially after what had happened.  

"I'm glad you're smiling, bro. You still wanna stay up all night or do you wanna go to bed?" I was tired, but I also didn't really wanna stop talking to her. 

I shrugged. "I'm not gonna let her ruin my night. Let's stay up." She grinned, showing off her  perfect teeth. Not gonna lie, I was a little jealous. 

"Hell yeah, bitch!" She held up her hand to high five me and then realized we weren't in person, so she put her hand down, embarrassed. "Hm, let's play a game. Would you rather, I guess? That'd fucking, uh, what's the word...? Um, I can't remember, but I mean we can do that on a call."

I smiled at her and nodded. "I can go first. Would you rather live in a cave or live in a treehouse?" 

"A treehouse!" She yelled, excitedly. "I fucking love treehouses, dude. One day, when people don't care about me anymore, I'm gonna build myself a treehouse in the woods. All I ever want is to live in the house that kids are scared to go to on Halloween." I laughed.

"That's such a good answer, what the fuck?" She giggled. I could hear her typing on her computer on her end. "Are you looking up questions?" 

She stopped, abruptly. "...No?" She shut her laptop. "Okay, Roxie, would you rather only be able to eat spicy food or only bland food? There is a right answer." 

"I'd rather only eat spicy food," I said cautiously. She nodded. "I got it right? Phew." 

I get a warm feeling in my chest. It's fun to not be so upset. I feel a little guilty for not consistently being sad about it. But it's so much better to be laughing instead of crying.

A/N: I KNOW it was weird and out of the blue but I needed some DRAMA.