what the fuck - 10

When we came back down from the roof top, I checked my phone and saw that I had ten unread texts from Billie. I look over at her, eyebrows furrowed. She just grins and says, "Read them!" 

billie: you look really really pretty

billie: i want to kiss you so badly but i'm nervous

billie: i DONT GET NERVOUS

billie: like ever

billie: god you're so pretty what the FUCK

billie: i'm dying up here you're so cute

billie: please cuddle with me later i'm too scared to ask

billie: anyways

billie: the stars are gorgeous thanks for showing me them

billie: okay i'm gonna actually talk to you now 

"You're so cute," I laugh. She's hiding her face in her hands. "Stop, I think it's adorable. And of course I'll cuddle with you. I mean, as long as you want to." Billie nods, grinning. We sit down on the bed, and I wrap my arms around her waist, she wraps hers around my shoulders.

⋆⋆⋆

"If you had a friend that said the shit you say to yourself, how long would you hang out with them?" Billie asks, leaning her head on my chest. 

That's a hard question. "Way too long. I'm scarily attracted to toxicity." She sighs. 

"One time, my therapist told me to write down every single negative thought I had throughout the day. I filled up three back-to-back pages with that shit about myself." That broke my heart. But it also made me think. Why is it that if we hear something like that about our friends we want to comfort them, but when we do it to ourselves we think it's fine?

"I'm so sorry, babe." I hear her sniffle, and just hold her tighter. "It's okay, it's all gonna be fine." I can only play with her hair and hope it'll make her feel better. "I wish I could make you feel better." 

She shifts her head onto the pillow next to me and looks directly into my eyes. "You already do." My heart fluttered. "God, you're so fucking pretty." 

"Have you looked in a mirror? You're the single most gorgeous person I've ever met." She shakes her head, looking almost offended. "Yes. I'll die on that hill, babe." 

A/N: Here's a filler chapter so I can make it more interesting.