chapter 6

My alarm went off at 7:00am and I didn't bother hitting snooze. In half an hour, Cedric would be here to meet me. I threw a pillow over my head and groaned into it. Great.

I decided on a simple beige pleated skirt, a white fitted tee, and a pair of Dior high tops I left back in London to go under my robes. Basic enough to show Cedric I wasn't much different than any of his other accomplishments but cute enough to justify wearing in public. I clipped half of my hair back and put on some mascara, grabbed my books, and looked towards the clock as it ticked to 7:30.

Lilah's School Outfit:

As the second hand struck noon, a quaint knock shook my door

As the second hand struck noon, a quaint knock shook my door. I opened it to a handsome Cedric Diggory leaning against the frame; books in one hand, peonies in the other.

"Flowers? Really?" I asked, laughing at the ridiculous gesture, "Don't get ahead of yourself now."

"I uh, I heard you liked peonies," he smiled, handing the small bouquet to me, "I picked them out in the green house, had to have Prof. Sprout grow them for you. Lucky for me he'll do just about anything for the prefect!"

"Well, um, thanks," I said, taking the flowers from his grasp and quickly conjuring up a vase and water to put them in on my desk. "How'd you know peonies were my favorite?" I asked.

"I just knew," he joked. In a split second Cedric took my arm and pulled me out of the dorm, "I want to show you something before it gets too late, come on," I followed as we sped down corridor after corridor and out into the yard.

"Where are we going," I questioned as we entered a small area of trees, "Taking me somewhere where you can seduce me without anyone there to stop you? Clever..."

"Don't even joke about that," he said, clearly annoyed by the comment. I was taken back by his serious tone.

"Now, Close ur eyes," Cedric suggested, I looked up at him rolling them instead, not willing to trip and fall and embarrass myself because my eyes were closed. I wasn't playing his stupid games, I'd promised myself that much.

"Close them," he demanded.

"Make me," I mimicked his stupidly flirtatious line from the other day, grinning and stepping in front of him. He took this as an invitation and before I knew it, Cedric jumped behind me and cupped his hands around my eyes. Burning. Desire. As much as I tried to wiggle him off, his grip was unbreakable.

"So is this what you do with your other girls, then? Bring them in the woods and blindfold them?" I laughed, "Creepy..."

"Very funny, but no," Cedric replied, "I've never really taken anyone here before, but I think you will like it." I wasn't sure whether to believe him so I just continued to stumble as we walked forward with four feet but only two eyes to guide them.