Explaining What He Is

Shadow currently sat in a interrogation with the sound of protesters outside. Shadow kept his arms unfazed by all of this. Judy then came into the room. She was carrying something.

Judy: Ok Shadow, now let's see... What species are you? And where did you come from?

Shadow: I am a hedgehog, Made to be the ultimate lifeform. I came from a place called the Space Colony ARK.

Judy looked at him with confusing look. Was he telling the truth, or just a white lie?

Shadow: if you think I'm lying, I was apart of a medical project called: Project Shadow. Project Shadow was conceived over fifty years before the Black Arms' arrival on earth by the President of the United Federation at that time (13 presidents ago from the current one) under the premise of achieving "mankind's ultimate eternal dream: researching for immortality."

Judy: what is mankind? And this happened fifty years ago? Doesn't that mean you are...

Shadow: yuppers. I'm fifty years old. And mankind are kinda evolved apes with no fur. However, the true intent for the project was to discover an "immortality formula" which could be used to develop weapons. The President personally requested Professor Gerald Robotnik, the most brilliant mind of his time, for assistance. Initially, Gerald refused, believing that they were crossing the limits that man should not tamper with and that they would use his research for war. However, Gerald realized that he could co-opt the program in order to find a cure for Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome, an incurable and fatal disease afflicting his beloved granddaughter, Maria... As such, Gerald eventually accepted the request and agreed to led the project on the Space Colony ARK, an orbiting facility isolated from earth.

Judy: So is this Gerald guy wanted to make a cure for his granddaughter... That's sweet...

Shadow: She was my friend you know... but let's not get sidetracked! There, all advanced research on the project was strictly confidential. The project codename "Project Shadow" was derived from the attempt to create a being which did not exist, making it as intangible as a shadow.

Judy: so you were the outcome?

Shadow: ... Yes and no. You see everything has to have a prototype to test with. The project eventually produced the "Prototype of the Ultimate Lifeform", dubbed the Biolizard, which was modeled after a lizard. At 12:30 A.M. on the 27th of January, the Biolizard was brought to life, its eternal engine and Chaos Control-inducing organ working normally. The Biolizard demonstrated many of the desired traits as it grew, including regeneration and self-reproduction, though it required a Life Support System fueled by Chaos Drives to remain viable. While the researchers were overjoyed over the Biolizard's evolution, their joy proved brief. In addition to having an unexpected and exponentially fast growth rate, the Biolizard was like a primitive animal. It also lacked the strength to walk, although its tail and neck were strong. As such, it was kept it under observation. Eventually, the Biolizard evolved to become so unruly that the researchers had trouble controlling it. Over time, the development of the ultimate lifeform continued and shifted. Using the DNA of Black Doom, Gerald created a new version of the prototype, but using a more desirable physique for the creature.

Judy: So that means... You were the final product. Also, Chaos Control?

Shadow: The ability to stop, or travel time. I can warp with a type of emerald. And I can do it alone without  and emerald. Project Shadow was eventually completed after years of research when Gerald produced a more advanced version of the prototype of the Ultimate Lifeform with Black Doom's DNA: Me. Gerald imparted me with a heart and personality similar to that of Maria in the hopes that I would not become a weapon. In addition to possessing immortality, I did not need machinery to live, could complete tasks alone, and possessed both high intelligence and my own identity. I became close to those living on the ARK, especially Maria who shared my curiosity of earth, though I would occasionally ponder about what my true purpose was.

Judy: Alright! Were done here! They asked me to keep you in my custody until further notice, ok?

He nodded as she gives him a hoodie. Shadow a hoodie. He puts it on, with a tired expression.

 He puts it on, with a tired expression