Chapter 16 : Given Back

Authors note: Got a couple DMS saying they wanted lemon in some other stories! If you guys want that I'll have to make a different story. This story won't contain any of that I'm sorry. Please enjoy the fanfic nonetheless c:

Jade's P.O.V

All day

All day Master has been bothering me. Pestering me. Distracting me. It was too much for me to handle, almost like he's trying to distract me to lower my guard. Get information from me in some way, lead me into some sense of security.

Trying to engage in small talk. It's strange, he's so affectionate...smiling. He's even let his hair down, and started to wear suits less and less around the Mansion.

I can't say that I know what he's up to, honestly I have no idea what to think. If Anna were here I'd talk to her, even then if she were here, I wouldn't know if I could trust her, she's way too close to the Master.

"Jade, do you have a minute My dear?"

My ears prick up.

"Dear?"

"Yes Master Kazuya?" I responded with little emotion.

That seemed to have stung him a little as his smile faltered a little bit but quickly kept shape

"Can I ask...if it's not too personal?"

"Yes?"

"I've noticed during training you don't even talk to me anymore, you follow instructions really well almost too well, taking in everything I'm teaching you quickly and-"

"Is that not what I'm supposed to do Master?" I  asked confused.

"Of course but-"

"Then I'm doing well, I'm happy to hear it. Thank you Master. This was very informative."

I turned on my heals and sped walked down the hall hearing a defeated sigh leaving the Masters lips as he too made his way slowly towards his office.

Kazuya's P.O.V.

My face went stone cold, something within me just flipped, almost like the person I loved was abandoning me so I did what I always do best. I detach myself.

"What are you doing?! She is right there! In her room! Go talk to her or all we have planned for this years Tekken Tournament will be RUINED!"

"Let it be... I can't do this."

"Please tell me those human emotions aren't doing what I think they are..."

I said nothing. I couldn't. My mind was racing a million miles per hour and has been for several days. I couldn't eat, sleep, or even be bothered to comb my hair. I've stopped caring about work and have even hired a stand in to act as me so I don't loose out on what's going on. I can't live like this.

"They are aren't they? They are making you feel things you don't want to."

"I'm tired Demon." I said aloud. "I do not wish to participate in this anymore."

The devil shrieked clawing at his golden cage with fury, pounding at it like a rabid animal.

"I NEED my other HALF! For us to get stronger I need it! I am not letting you get in the way when we are this close!"

"Suck it up."

I sighed as I watched Jade turn the corner entering her room from my phone, watching her though the cameras, the curtains shut so I couldn't see into her room, blocking me from what I needed to see.

If she was plotting against me.

Days had past, weeks going onto a month and still not word from my adopted daughter.

Jades P.O.V.

I hadn't seen my Master around for a while, my face was hot, and had been for a couple days, but I didn't let that get to me, I wasn't going to allow a little heat stop me from what needed to be done.

Finding Anna and overthrowing Kazuya.

I needed to know what was going on. The truth and if Kazuya doesn't tell me I'll find the answers on my own.

Washing my face over with cold water I hummed a little song, a song my mother figure would hum to me when I was feeling nervous and couldn't sleep. My heart hurt as I looked towards the night stand where my music was standing.

"I'll find you...I promise I'll find you."

With my new determination I walked out my room and out into the hallway. My eyebrows narrowed as I reached Kazuya's bed room door.

"I can't do it." I turned around about to run "no. I need to.I have to..."

Kazuya's P.O.V.

"I feel a presence."

"As do I"

"It's her..."

Authors note: Yikes this is short, but I really hope it was enjoyable 🥰 have a brilliant Monday