Chapter Four : It'll Begin

The birds sang as the sun rose ever so slowly over the distant tall buildings of Tokyo. The cars and Lorries drove past the mansion making it evident that the day has just begun. I yawned as I realised morning was coming, but hid my head under the pillow. Screw you sun! I thought as I squeezed my eyes shut. I'm not waking up for anyone.

"MORNING~" a feminine voice called, bursting through the doors.

Anna-a-a-a-a-a!

"Wakey, wakey hon, isn't today a beautiful day!" She continued as she walked towards the curtains. I hissed as bright ribbons of light somehow found its way into my eyes. My head began to ache as my red, puffy eyes began to adjust to the light. I yawned once more as I sat up looking towards Anna as she walked around the room sorting out my clothes for today.

"We have a brilliant day ahead of us little one." I stood up from the bed shaking the sleep out of my toes before waddling my way around the room looking for something I had no idea of. Anna chuckled, I guess the sleep was still in me, no matter, all I need is some cold water and everything would be fine.

"Anna, Where is the bathroom?" I asked yawning.

"Down the hall...Wait...Ciena!" She shouted.

Moments later a tall redheaded woman with light peach eyes and pale caramel skin jogged towards us, bowing while taking her breath.

"Yes Ma'am?" she breathed.

"Take Jade to the bathroom, we are going out. These are her clothes and find some suitable jewellery for her will you?"

The maid nodded before taking my hand pulling me towards the upstairs bathroom.

"I'm Ciena Brown." The maid smiled shyly "I-I normally fold the bedding's...I never really look after people, let alone little girls, but you're different, you are sort of like Kazuya's daughter. Only you are half Japanese, my mum was western and-

Ciena continued in her rambling as she walked me down the hall, I then realised that Ciena was a shy woman...or girl and she was only trying to be friendly. I smiled as I strolled with her into the main hall near where the doors are to leave the mansion would be, Ciena took a very quick stop as she turned to me looking me dead in the eyes.

"I-I heard about what those other two maids had done to you... and how they treated you...But I promise I am nothing like that, I will do a better job in taking care of you than they did!" She reassured. When Ciena realised that she was giving a speech she fumbled about with her hair, pulling her red locks in between her palms.

"I really love your eyes and your hair is so cool, wish I had hair like that" I giggled as Ciena spoke, she had wanted my features but little does she knew that she was similar to me in some ways. I shrugged as sometimes you couldn't really tell people of what they had; they had to see it themselves.

I was washed and dressed and then another maid...I think her name was Leelah, joined in, pulling my hair from left to right, making twin buns on top of my head, leaving a fringe out before curling it with a curling iron. It felt odd; I wasn't used to this life. Ciena laughed a little as she could see my face twist... The 'life of a princess' the Blood Talon would say. I wonder if I could see him today.

"Miss, you are ready"

I stared at myself in the mirror, my emerald eyes sparkled as the sequins on my light blue dress danced within the light. Oh look at me, I thought aloud. Mother would be so pleased. I wanted to hug the maids for doing such a wonderful job, but even with Ciena's promise, my gut pinched me. Recent events had suede me to do otherwise. I thanked them and followed Ciena back to the main hall with the huge chandeliers. I walked down the stairs holding my head low; I still wasn't used to this type of life.