Chapter 13: Something Found

~ Authors note~
Hello everyone! It's been a big while since I've written anything on here, I very much doubt that anyone still reads my story but I did want to try and at least finish this one. I'm very grateful to those who stuck around from the beginning and PLEASE don't hesitate to tell me how you thought about this chapter c:

I couldn't shake the eerie feeling that washed over me, or was quite, dark and it didn't help that the widows were open in the hall were I walked.

Why of all days does THIS happen? Why couldn't this be a normal day with Master?

I searched my brain for anything that I could have missed, anything I could have overlooked given the situation we were all put through, the only ones that know of the intrusion are Master Kazuya, and myself. Telling the servants about the intruder could go south very quickly, maybe making it obvious to the fake that we were plotting something.

I was lost in very deep though when I bumped into a larger figure, stumbling into a wall before looking up only to my masters face draped with worry.

"Forgive me my dear, I didn't see you coming I was...Lost in thought."

I smiled weakly rubbing softly over my sore spots.

"As was I" Kazuya turned away from me placing his palm on the walls as he spoke, slicking his hair back and rearranging his tie.

"Are you ready Jade?" He asked me dread filling his voice as I turned to look at me, his one blood eye sparked as he looked down on me.

I nodded knowing that there was no other choice, we have to find the clone and eliminate her before she can cause harm to anyone residing in this mansion. I bit down on my thumb nail, getting agitated as I tried to think of another way we make the clone useful to use.

"On one condition master."

He looked confused, however nodded acknowledging me.

"What was it you had in mind?"

"As much as it pains me to say it, but I think what you said about Anna being dead is wrong. Anna is STILL alive! I don't know how to explain it but I can feel it in my heart. She would never abandon us! She was like a mother to me, she took care of me and trained me till my bones cracked and my legs have out, someone as strong as her couldn't just die! I'll help you eliminate the intruder only if you help me get information out of the fake first!"

His eyes widened for a moment, he looked at me for what looked like forever before composing himself.

"We raised you well." Was all he said to make a Cascade of tears run down my face. The warm hot tears burning me as I bowed showing my gratitude.

"Thank you Master Kazuya. Thank you, Master Devil..."

~Kazuya P.O.V.~

A short burst of emotion ran through us as Devil heard she had acknowledged him too within me.

Its a shame that she one day will realise that we were using her from the start. And what's worse. I've grown to love this child as one of my offspring...

My lips curved up for a small smile as I lifted my palm, resting it on the top of Jades scalp.

"Come. We have work to do."

Jade nodded as she began to trail behind us like a small child following their parent as they walked hand in hand. It amused me for a short while before I snapped myself back to the current situation.

Focus my host.

Devil whispered.

I nodded as we proceeded to track down where the fake had gotten to and what she could be doing. As soon as we located the intruder I turned to Jade gripping on her shoulders firmly as I spoke.

"Jade this room was once's my old office. It contains secrets that I fear will change how you view me, as both father figure and master, however once you've learned these things you must promise me, never to speak them to no one?"

Jade looked up at me. Emerald eyes searching for answers as I looked down at her with guilt, all I could do was prepare her for what was going to happen next. The intruder was on the other side of that door,obviously trying to look for information that has been recorded so many years ago, yet I kept stashed for safekeeping instead of destroying what I had learned.

She nodded as she complied with my wishes getting ready for what was going to happen next.

"Try and converse with her, I want her to feel as relaxed as possible before I surprise her... as soon as that's finished we can then get the information you so desire"

Even though she agreed eyes were filled with worry, I realise that this was going to be hard for her, not only did she lose her mother figure, someone she highly respected, she also lost her confidence, never did I realise the effect of losing a parent,but that was stupid of me to have thought, after all, I did lose my mother once upon a time, and that to changed me.

Placed a hand on her shoulder, reassuring her as I spoke.

"We will always, protect you. Whenever you need us call our name, and we will come running."

Once again she agreed nodding at my command as she opened the door walking through.

"I'll do my best..."

~Authors Note~
Hello there! Again I'm sorry for the short chapter but I really wanted to write this one out! More coming for those of you who are still reading and I'm so grateful for those who are~ Thank you once again for reading my story and if you're interested please keep reading and I'll upload soon!~ Bye❤️