Chapter Seven: The Devil Himself

Heavy winds and lightning filled the air as the mansion was oddly quiet. I sat within my bed, shivering slightly. My emerald eyes scanned the window as I peered outside in hopes that the rain would die down. I sighed as I soon realized that my wish wouldn't be happening any time soon.

I threw my feet off the bed feeling heavy as I pulled my self up clutching my sides. My long, black, frizzy hair dropping to my hips as I made my way to Kazuya's office.

Since the day of my achievement Kazuya had once again been acting distant, placing his palms to my face as he walked past me from room to room, shifting in his seat and keeping his head down whenever he caught my gaze. I let out a very loud grunt as I stubbed my toe, hitting it hard against the door frame.

"FUCK!" I cursed aloud as I rolled around in an animated fashion letting out loud squeals of agony.

"What are you doing?"

The voice grunted while it rubbed it's sore, red eyes in exhaustion waiting for a reply.

"O-oh...Master...S-so sorry I-I-

"Sorry you are indeed, I have a good mind to intensify your training and take away your outing privileges with Anna."

Kazuya peered down at me, his deep brown eyes scanning me as his sharp features softened a little bit. His lips curled as he chuckled placing a hand on his chest. I looked up in confusion. My brows knit, eyes half squinting as my mouth parted slightly.

"W-what..?"

"Did you stub your toe on your way through the corridor?"

I nodded as I realised I was still on the floor holding my ankle, rubbing my injuries. Is that why he was laughing? I thought what a prick!

"Its not that funny Kazuya I really injured myself..." I said sheepishly.

Kazuya laughed this time holding onto the door frame as he wiped his eyes.

"Get ready for the next battle, Round one fight, I run up to you, kick you in your big toe and you come crumbling down! K.O."

He says between laughter. He is now on the floor with me. I snicker, what Kazuya said wasn't at all funny, his normal type of humour was very dark and crude. He would enjoy watching people get hit square in the face and he would laugh loud, so deep it was terrifying just being around him. Sometimes it would be him punching people square in the face causing him to erupt in laughter.

A bright, warm smile crawled onto my face, no longer was he avoiding me, no longer was he putting his palms in my face just to shush me. He's talking to me. Kazuya stopped laughing as he sat very still, analysing my face. He paused as he leaned back a little straightening his black mane.

"Did I upset you?"

I shook my head "No Master Kazuya, for once you're talking to me. Its been a while...Do you remember what you've been doing since the day we celebrated?"

Kazuya's smile went very small almost non existent. I got a little paranoid as he stared into my eyes, speaking very slowly.

"I have been very busy...Working..." he said while looking to his feet.

I nodded as I pretended to understand but you see, the truth was, while he was ignoring me, throughout the day when he thought he was alone, Kazuya let out these hair standing screams as he argued with himself.

Whatever he said was unintelligible as crashing and breaking of glass echoed within the mansion, maids and butlers being thrown from one room to the next all trying to console him while he went on his rampage.