21.

[ 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟹 ]

" Let me sing to you." He chuckled. " that'll change yo mind."

" Yeah right" I laughed. " That was real cute though." I smiled playing with my jacket. " Do you remember when we went to church the first week I met you?"

" Yeah." He chuckled. " You the first and last girl I ever been to church with. It was cool though"

" Yeah it was cool. We should go again sometime. It's weird that I haven't been in a minute." I trailed off. "I'm thinking about getting Tyrell baptized. Would you go with us if you're not busy?"

" You know I'll be there."

De removed his hand from my thigh and turned down the radio. He turned to face me, grabbing my hand,"I'm done playing around." He looked me in my eyes.

" What?" I started to grow nervous by the sudden change in his voice.
" I wanna take you out on a real date. Before we leave tomorrow night."

" Me? On a date?"

" Yeah. Whenever you free. You like surprises right?"

" No De. I don't want to go on a date"

" Huh?"

"Im sorry." I looked down. "I wish I could just say yes but-" I paused taking a deep breath. " Stephen and I aren't-I'm sorry." I repeated.

" Don't apologize."

" You have a fiancé De."

" I know but-"

" But what?" My voice softened. "I should've never came."

" I wasn't tryna make you uncomfortable by over stepping my boundaries."

" No I've over stepped my boundaries plenty of times too."

" You really wanna be just friends?"

I didn't really know how to respond because I felt  very attached to him.

I should be apologizing to Stephen right now but here I am sitting with him.

I removed my hand from his grasp and faced the window, " Can you just take me home? Please."

Without another word he nodded and started the car up.

I could tell he was a little aggravated by the look on his face but I didn't care. I just wanted to be alone.

________________

The silence was killing me. We didn't speak to each other the whole car ride nor did  we say bye  to each other when he dropped me off.

My emotions were all over the place.

It's crazy how fast that happened.

I walked in the door and kicked my shoes off. The phone started ringing before I could even sit down.

I groaned annoyed. I didn't feel like talking to anyone.