10.

" are you good? where are you?" I spoke into the phone, biting my nails.

" I'm fine and I'm staying with a friend. Don't worry about that." De responded

" Okay." I sighed. " I just-" I sniffed wiping my eyes. "This is all my fault." I cried. " Larenzo is so mad can I just please stay with you?"

" That ain't a good idea Sheila. I'm not about to be the cause of you and your brother hating each other."

" De please." I pleaded on the verge of crying.

" No. Not until you and Renzo compromise."

             I jumped up from my sleep sweating bullets.
My face stained with dried tears.
My dream just felt way too real. I wish it was but everything didn't go down like that.

                                  Night before.

" What the fuck you doin on top of my little sister." Larenzo screamed.

" Look- I-" De stumbled

Larenzo grabbed De and threw him to the ground.

I screamed in terror watching everything happen. Larenzo was fighting to kill.
I tried to break it up but my strength wasn't enough.
K-Ci and Jojo rushed to us and tried to break up the fight.

" I should call the police on you, you sick motherfucka" Larenzo spat.

Before Larenzo could punch De again, Jojo held him back.

" It wasn't even like that" De wiped blood from his face.

" Nigga we been friends since we were little and this is how you do me?!"

" I like her. I ain't do shit to you. You making shit about your fucking self when it ain't"

" You better step before I put lead in yo ass."

" Larenzo stop!" I cried.

" Shut up! You came in here ruining everything. I'm so sick of you."

" Now come on Larenzo. We know you angry but that's taking it too far." K-Ci stepped in

" No that's okay. He can say whatever the fuck he wants. Momma liked me better anyways, you were just a baby she had early because she got knocked up in highschool." I spoke with veins popping out of my forehead.

" oh so you taking it there today?" Larenzo chuckled softly.

" Yes I crossed my arms. You might as well fight me too."

" I can't do this." De threw down his hands. " Sheila was this your plan the whole damn time? You ain't no different from Alicia!"

" No I swear." I cried. " Why would you think that?! I didn't do shit to you. Why are you even upset"

He took a deep breath, "I'm sick of this fucking shit! I'm out. I actually like you and you using me to get to yo brother ?! I don't know what y'all got going on here but y'all not gone hear from me ever again." He walked out pushing past Larenzo. " Sheila I hope you and your son have a good life."

My eyes widened and so did everyone else's.

Larenzo was about to check De for pushing him but he didn't care once he bought up my son and I.