18.

[  𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟹  ]

" Doctor is he going to be okay?"

" Yes Mrs Degrate. He ripped some of his stitches from the stress he put on his body. We luckily got everything under control he's as good as new."

" That's good to hear. Did you just call me Mrs Degrate?"

" Yes. Mr Degrate insisted. He told me you guys are newly weds."

I stared at him sucking my teeth.

" Oh. Okay well when he wakes up tell him to give me a call. Thanks doctor. I'm sorry he broke the rules and left-"

" Ma'am it's all good. Mr Degrate explained himself and he also apologized. Y'all are what me and wife used to be before she passed." He smiled. " you're not going to find many men like him these days."

" Well thanks again?" I said confused.

                           ______________

                      [     𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟹     ]

" Is that Method Man?" Deja squinted her eyes at the TV.

" Yes." Jasmine turned up the volume.

" Wheww. That nigga is fine. I would like to break me off a piece of that." Deja smirked

" He ain't finer than my suga bear." Jasmine responded.

" Jojo?" I questioned.

" I miss him so much." Jasmine gushed.

" It's only been two hours." Deja spoke

" l miss my boo too. Maybe we should call and check up on the boys." I got up

" Y'all snap out of it. This is a girl's night." Deja sat up. " As girls we need to have a good time without men."

" Deja you're right. This is a night away from our men. If they need anything or if it's an emergency they will call us. Sheila put that phone down."

I put the phone down cursing under my breath, " I guess y'all are right. But let me just call for a-"

" No." They both looked at me.

" Dang okay. Well I guess I'll paint my nails." I moved away from the phone.

As I looked through Jasmine's nail polish collection the phone rang.

" Sheila get that for me. If it's my suga bear tell him I'll call him later."

I nodded reaching for the phone, " Hello?" I sang into the phone.

" Wassup. Let me swing by and pick you up." De spoke.

" You just got out of the hospital. You can barely walk and I would say no anyways. How did you know I was here?"

" Why are you whispering?"

" Because if the girls knew I was talking to a man right now they would cut the phone cord."I looked between them and the phone.

" That better not be Stephen" Jasmine glared at me. Deja got up and walked out to the room.

" No this call was for me and it's uh it's important."

" Hurry Deja's making popcorn and the movie is about to start."

" Okay I'll be off the phone in a second."