A Typical Non-Typical Day

In the winter break before he started middle school, Izuku spent most of his time learning how to code. Coding was a recent interest of his, after seeing a news report about a cyberattack that had destroyed several billion-yen companies.

Coding was easy as long as you understood the math and logic behind it, and highly useful, seeing as the time they lived in depended on technology a lot.

And so, in two months, Izuku had completely learnt the key-phrases and many algorithms, now ready to test his skills. He had found a good idea to test his knowledge: hack into a site and steal data without alerting the other side.

He decided to start on an easier one first, choosing to hack into the website of a small coffee shop a few streets away. He opened his laptop, placed a bottle of water beside him, and started typing.

It didn't take long for him to succeed, a mere twenty minutes, but it wasn't an important site, so the firewalls were extremely weak. This outcome was to be expected.

Taking a gulp of water, he wiped his lips to the edge of his sleeve in an automated movement. His eyes never left the screen as he wandered around, looking for information worth the time he had spent on this challenge.

The best he could find was the IDs of the owner and workers, but he was satisfied with that for now. He copied the information to his laptop and left the site.

Izuku raised his head after these actions. His eyes wandered over the people passing by in front of him, staying longer when a detail interested him; like an activated Quirk or suspicious activity.

The boy was currently at the mall, seated on a bench, with a dark green coloured baseball cap on his head, casting a shadow to his face, and a red jacket with stripes on the side on his upper body. A thick coat was draped at his side, and his hands had on fingerless gloves, indicating the cold weather.

Actually, Izuku was currently outside. It was below 0°C, and snow was falling, yet the boy did not feel cols at all without his coat. He sat up, stretching his arms to the air and gaining quite a few cracks from his joints from the action, sore from being in the same position for twenty consecutive minutes.

Once he felt more comfortable, his eyes once again turned to the crowd, a cold analytical glint in them. A glint of light had captured his attention from the second floor across him, located beneath shut blinds, alerting the boy. His instincts started screaming that something fishy was going on, but before he could think more, metal appeared in his vision once again, pushing aside the binds.

Although he was far away, if there was one thing Izuku was sure of, it was that that metal was a muzzle. No, not the muzzle of a dog, but a fucking gun.

Within a few seconds of the greenette's comprehension, the muzzle moved, and a small blue exited it, followed by screams. Izuku turned his eyes towards the commotion and saw a man lying on the ground, head bleeding immensely.

One didn't need to be a doctor to know that he was dead.

Instead of panicking like the other civilians, Izuku took out his phone and dialled 110.

"110, what's your emergency?"

"Hello, I would like to report a murder at Musutafu Mall, ground floor. The suspect is a sniper, located inside a closed shop named 'Hibi's Clothes', and mall security has not arrived yet. I do not have a clear description of the suspect, and I estimate that they will escape unscathed within five minutes while the commotion attracts attention."

The other end of the line was silent for a moment, before a response came, this time, another person.

"This is Detective Tsukauchi Naomasa. The police will arrive within ten minutes. Please tell me more about the situation."