chapter 26: mind

^credit to Pinterest- this chapter is important but long! Hope you enjoy the long chapter :)

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

I didn't even want to be in the same room as Gabriella.

I felt as if her apology was empty and she only said it so she didn't look bad. Either way, I had to suck it up. I gave Jordan his breakfast before leaving for my first training session in Level 5.

Nina and I walked together mostly in silence because she knew I was pissed at what happened yesterday. I open the doors to the bright training room and see Alyssa immediately smiling.

"Our first training in level 5. We made it."

"Yes we did." We did a mini handshake when the instructor walks in.

"Morning guys." He was younger than the other instructors and very fit. He would be handsome if I didn't have eyes on Nile.

"Today is mental training. Newcomers don't be relieved, mental training exhausts you more than physical. "

He opens a notebook and looks around.

"We will be doing experimental simulations, similar to the ones level 4's did for the level 5 test. The simulation you guys did isn't half as bad as what I train these people with. Today the older Level 5's will conduct the simulation on the newcomers."

I take a deep breath in.

I've been through enough mental shit to withstand this.

"Don't worry we will conduct these after lunch with a happy belly. Don't eat much if you don't think you'll handle some mental pain. We will start with knife throwing for now."

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

Practice wasn't too hard. I was nervous for after lunch but for now I had to go to Niles office. Alyssa and I grab our water bottles as we exit the room.

"I'm going get some pasta today, that sounds goo-hey where are you going cafeteria is this way."

I look back at her. "I know, I have to do something real quick. Don't worry about me I'll skip lunch."

Concern etches her brows. "You okay? "

I nod and smile. "I have some work to do. I'll see you for our mental simulation."

Alyssa rolls her eyes and smiles turning to the cafeteria.

I enjoyed the walk to Nile's office building. It had a long veranda around the front. I stepped into the veranda and into the building heading to the main desk.

"Hi I'm here for an appointment with Nile."

It was Julio, Nile's secretary. He looked at me remembering the time I scared him shitless into letting me speak to Nile. I yelled at him that day.

"Come with me", he says not giving eye contact. He leads me upstairs and opens the door letting himself inside. After a few seconds he comes out.

"It seems Boss isn't in the office."

"What? He told me to come during lunch."

"I'm sorry he had something come up unexpectedly."

I frown a bit at the disappointment of not seeing him. "Okay, thank you."

I take the 6 minute walk to the cafeteria grabbing something quick. 

Alyssa finds me and pats my back. "Ready for simulation training?"

I sigh. "Ready as I can be."

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
Training

"Each of you will be assigned to an older Level 5. They will help you get seated in the chair and administer your test. Trust them, they have been through these exams numerous times", our instructor tells us.