chapter 34: saved me

NILE
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

It's September 2nd.
Kiiara came to us May 5th.
My parents died in January.
So many months have passed by yet I'm still no where.

I wonder if Mama  is disappointed I haven't solved their case.

I rub my eyes, hoping the shower water can help even the slightest.

You know what would help?

Finding an answer to this fucking murder case.
And Kiiara.

I think of Kiiara probably still asleep in the next room and I relax a bit. It's been hard not to go into her room every night and sleep alongside her, but I have peace of mind knowing she's okay.

I turn the water off, dry, and grab an Armani polo and jeans.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
9:45am

I was following a lead today.

I told no one except Luca, since he's my brother and a part of this. I figured telling people would ruin my chances of it going well so I was heading on a drive to a place down south.

It was linked to Grandpa Kairi and Kiiara's and I am hoping for the best.

I go through my mail when Gabriel enters.

"Morning man."

I look up. "Hey."

"Ranks are being presented today. Its at an all time high, man. The competition to first is incredible."

"Who are the top 10?"

Gabriel looks it up on his iPad. "Let's see, In order it's....Nina, of course that's my girl, Sebastian, Jackson, Nikki, Brent, Reyna, Kiiara, Alyssa, Diane, and Sean.

My heart lurches at Kiiara's name.

"Kiiara is in 7th?"

Gabriel nods and smiles like a proud dad.

I smile too. I am proud, I really am.

She was forced to blend in and work and she made the top 10.

"Im going to go watch the ranking, you coming?"

I shake my head. "Got some work to do. Congratulate your girl for me."

Gabriel flashes a big smile and heads out the door.

I wonder when Nina and Gabe will finally be each other's in name and finally date.

"Morning, hermano." Luca walks in and opens his laptop.

"What's the deal on our lead?"

"You're good to go, bro. They're opened today and if you start at 12:30 like you planned you'll reach at a perfect time to talk to the owner. They have to be tied to Kiiara's grand parent."

He shifts his laptop and shows me the blueprint of the building I'm heading into.

"Enter from here and then in the south corridor is where you park the car. If needed you can get out of the area easily from that route."