chapter 38: explanations

NILE
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

Her voice was going, her expressions moving, but I couldn't gather any of it.

Her beautiful face etched with concern and anger, her pretty mouth moving fast with expressions.

I want to kiss her mouth.

God, do I want to kiss her mouth.

She was mad. Kiiara was mad.
I managed to turn around but a bunch of officers stopped me and cuffed me without hesitation, though I kneed one of the officers bad.

They weren't government officers, they were people from my own mafia in Italy acting as government officers to catch me. It was clear, my uncle knew what happened with my parents and why, and STILL decided to cover it from me.

He's no longer mafia king. I am.

But of course, everyone in Italy considers him their mafia king.

I spoke with the men, my temples hurting since one of the men striked the side of my head when they pulled me out of the car.
To my luck, I knew I could use the police office as my weapon and a few actual officers caught them.

Not that it's gonna do anything, though.

Long story short, they have me behind glass until they figure out what's going on. I already spoke to Gabriel and Luca and they were talking with the officers currently.

The next person, of course, was Kiiara. When she walked in  and sat on the other side of the glass her eyes welled and lips quivered in anger.

My heart fell a little.
I scared her.
I made her worry.

She doesn't know yet, but she's the reason why I even turned back. She's the reason why I tried to come back home, to her.

So yeah, she's venting. She's raging at me. But none of it processes because all I can think of is how much she cares for me. And how much of an effect she has on my heart and my mind.

Due to her anger alone, it's made something clear to me.

Very clear.

Kiiara loves me.

Of course, she wouldn't say it now. We have this mission on her hands, her brother, her life away from the mafia. But she loves me, if she didn't she wouldn't be acting like this.

Acting like I broke her heart a little.
I may have.

"Nile? Are you even listening?! Stop staring at me and say something damnnit."

My expression was neautral, but my mind was anything but.

My heart was beating erratically just at the sight of her.

She puts her face in her hands rubbing dramatically. "All right fine." She gets up quickly.

"Kiiara."

She stops but doesn't turn around.

"Will you let me speak now?"