EXPLANATION

For the previous chapter, I was attempting to show how far Player has gone down the darker path, and how there's no going back for him now. He was so close to Carmen as her best friend for so long, and knew her better than anyone. To see Gray come into the picture when Carmen was a teenager, leave, and then come back in like nothing had happened when she was an adult sparked jealousy inside of Player. It festered into something darker, and became more of an obsession than a simple crush. I've had a villain Player idea in my mind since thinking up this series back in 2019, days after it aired.

For reference: at this point in the story, Player is 16 almost 17 and Carmen is around 20 or 21. Gray is about the same age as Carmen, maybe a year or two older. These are the ages I chose for the story, as they made most sense to me and also align closely with the canon characters.

I really don't see how there's any problems with any of this, especially since it's quite common in both real life and in many books for someone slightly younger than another to idealise them and look up to them so much that they begin to develop an unrequited love for them, which can turn into an obsession in extreme circumstances. In case it wasn't clear, Carmen has no romantic feelings for Player whatsoever, and spoiler alert: they're not going to get together 🤡

Still, I digress. I'm currently trying to keep writing f i g h t i n g (tododeku) as it's about halfway finished, and I'm also trying to get started on the third C&G book so I can finish the series up and fully leave the fandom.

Have a great day and see y'all soon 😊