The Rescue: Part 1

Gray's POV

That night, I was already getting off a flight in Orlando, Florida. I smiled to myself and made a mental note to take Carmen to Disney once I rescued her. I had everything I needed on me, just carefully disguised. The airport security didn't catch any of the gadgets I had stashed, even with a pat-down. I had the plan all laid out: it was time to save Carmen.

Carmen's POV

I groggily opened my eyes from the "corner" of the pitch black room I was tied up in. I couldn't even tell where I was or what time it was. I only knew that there were ropes and chains around my mouth, chest, wrists, ankles, everywhere. If I tried to move a violent shock got sent though my body. My eyes were red and black, I was dirty and and grimy everywhere, and there was plenty of blood, both fresh and dried, on me and the ground. My clothes were ripped everywhere, and my head hurt like crazy. It really felt like hell. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was hell and I was dead from everything they had put me through.
"Where are you, Gray?"

Gray's POV

It didn't take long for me to find the warehouse. While there was no visible security, I couldn't call myself a thief if I assumed there wasn't any. I crawled away from my hiding place and tossed a stone from behind the broken brick wall before quickly pressing my head back against the wall. I winced slightly at the thundering sounds of the stone being shattered to pieces by land mines and lasers before hissing out. The only option was to come in through the vents: right below the roof, but not too close to the side walls. I activated Red and told it to open up the vent and disable the security devices. I would only have a few seconds, and it wouldn't be enough to go through the side doors. I quickly climbed up a nearby tree. As soon as the light on my tracker turned green, I launched my grappling hook at the vent grate and slid down. I smiled to myself at the cleanness of the action and the spy-like style of it. Wasting no time, I climbed through the ducts until I reached a flat, empty corner. I sent Red back out to make a quick thermal map of the building. I could see where I was, and just two rooms ahead, Carmen. I sent a quick text out to Player that I had found her and was going to get Carmen. Once I reached the grate above Carmen's room, I looked down. My knees buckled and my arms weakened. It was worse than I thought. She was covered in grit and blood and had wounds of all kinds everywhere. She was trapped in chains and ropes, and her once blue eyes had faded to a greyish color. But I had to control myself. I had to save her. I dropped a smoke capsule in the room to cover the cameras' view. Here I go.