The Lost Scrolls of Argentina Caper: Part 1

Sorry for all the time skips I'm trying to move the plot along and it's literally 10:49 pm and I have to finish 6 chapters before midnight to publish on time ahhhhh

Gray's PoV

A week later, we were on our way to the Altraenean Auction House, where the Scrolls were being sold. The auction was legal, but due to the high-end buyers and items that had been obtained through not so legal ways, it was based on a "don't talk, don't tell." system. Don't go talking about how legitimate your ways are, and if you hear people talking, don't tell. Carmen was dressed in a long, red dress with a mid-thigh split and a choker neck, and I in a crisp blazer, button-down shirt, tie, straight-legged pants, and formal shoes. She linked her arm in mine as we approached the building, pulling out our "invites" (complementary of Player, of course).

Once inside, we walked around the rooms, admiring the various items up for bidding. We had gotten so used to and comfortable with the process of stopping crooks that it was like second nature to us by now. When the clock struck 8pm, we made our way to our seats. Once the scrolls came on stage, Player would cut the power through his computer, and we'd get the scrolls and get out. However, it now seemed we'd have to do some fighting, as we had also spotted The Mime and Paper Star above us in the balconies.

The auction started, and we participated in order to not stand out. We bet occasionally, but I saw Carmen's face light up when a garnet ring came on stage.

"Wow... It's breathtaking..." A thought had been tugging at the back of the mind, and this only pushed it forward.

"The starting bid for the Arihe Klanotin clan's ring is $300! The seller has it going for awfully low, as it is their wish to find someone to buy it who will truly appreciate its full value. This is an AUTHENTICATED piece, so cast your bids ladies and gentlemen!"

"Hey, I got to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." Carmen hurried off, and I smiled to myself. This was my chance.

I raised my paddle and called out, "$350!"

"$450!"

"$500!"

"$600!"

"$700!"

"$750!"

"$1,000!"

"Going once for $1,000, going twice for $1,000... and SOLD to number 69!"

"Nice!" ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) I whispered under my breath. I managed to get it without going even higher, which I was well prepared to do. A minute later, Carmen came back.

"Hey, did the ring get sold?"

"Yeah. Some guy got it for $1,000!"

"It was a beautiful ring... I've never been someone who's all about expensive things, but something just... connected me to it."

"Yeah. I totally understand."

"Next up, the moment you've waited for... the Lost Scrolls from the Trekto Caves!"

"Hey, here they come. Ready?"

"With you by my side? Always."