The Memories

Carmen's POV

I could hear the sickening sound of the whip slashing me. The knives cutting into my skin. The blood pooling up everywhere. Dr. Bellum's maniacal laugh. It went on and on, and there was nothing I could do. I was screaming and crying, begging for it to stop. Everything was fuzzy.

"Carmen! Carmen! CARMEN!"

And then it all stopped. My eyes snapped open to see Gray shaking my shoulders, a terrified look on his face.

"Why won't it stop? Why won't it just all go away?"

He pulled me into a fierce hug, my tears staining his shirt.

"I don't know Carmen. I'm so, so sorry."

Later that day

The movie we were watching was interrupted by my phone buzzing on the table.

"It's Player. Should I pick it up?"

"Yeah, probably. He wouldn't call unless it was super important."

I picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Player?"

"Carmen? Thank god you're alright! Is Gray there?"

"Yeah. Do you have a mission for us?"

"Sure do. Are you sure you're ready for it though?"

I glanced hesitantly at Gray. He shook his head with a worried look in his eyes.

"Please."

I nodded reluctantly. I knew it was for the best.

"Can Gray do it on his own?"

"Definitely. There's a mass ruby delivery going through Peru tomorrow. V.I.L.E. plans to intercept it, but you're going to stop them. No disguises needed, so you're going to need to wing it. I'm sorry that it's on such short notice."

"It's fine. Thanks Player. I'll let you know when I get to Peru."

"Alright guys. Bye."

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Carmen?"

"Yes, Gray. I trust you, and you can trust me to take care of myself. I already bought you a ticket; you're heading out first thing tomorrow morning."

"I might as well head to bed then now. Goodnight."

He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before jogging upstairs. If only he knew what I had planned. I called up Player again.

"Hey Player. I need you to send me the info for the caper too."

A/N: HI FRIENDS
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Sorry these chapters are shitty they'll get better I've procrastinated and been lazy and I'm writing this at 9:35 pm on Christmas so

🙃

Also I'm sadly not making the mini WEBTOON things I don't have the time or art skills 😞