The Healing

Gray's POV

1 week later

The past week had been bittersweet bliss. Carmen was back, but damaged and hurt everywhere. I was constantly applying more medicine, changing bandages, and just making sure she was ok. But that was just for the physical injuries. She would go into a full panic attack whenever she thought of what they had done to her; which was pretty often. I wanted to understand, I wanted to help her. But I knew there was nothing I could do to heal the psychological damage they had done. I swore that I would make sure that V.I.L.E. paid for everything that they had done to her.

"Gray, you can't just stay here with me all the time. V.I.L.E. is getting away with all those crimes. We need to stop them. I really want to help."

"Carmen, you can't. Not yet at least. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if they got ahold of you or hurt you again. Please, for my sake and yours, just let yourself get better. I'm doing everything I can to help you because I want you to be able to help me stop V.I.L.E. But I want even more for you to get better."

"Alright. Fine. Just promise me that you won't get hurt."

"Deal. Now, what to eat? I can order pizza, if you want."

"Could we have Chinese takeout?"

"Sounds good. Let me give them a call."

Carmen's POV

While Gray ordered the food, I went upstairs to grab a sweatshirt. I debated between two, before settling on a black hoodie. Looking around the room, it was pretty similar to our original place back in San Francisco. Now, we were all the way out in New York. The city was always bustling, and much easier to blend in in. I was going back downstairs when a piercing headache shot through my skull. I fell to my knees, clutching my head as hard as I could. Then the memories started flooding through.