The Peruvian Ruby Caper: Part 2

Henry is the best duck in the world 😤😤

Gray's POV

An hour later, we left the hotel. We began making our way to the warehouse. V.I.L.E. sure did seem to like using warehouses recently. I slid down the rock side of a cliff as quietly as possible, and darted across the open field towards the building. I slinked around the side and peeked into a window. I saw Tigress, El Topo, and Le Chèvre discussing inside. Good. I sent Red to signal Carmen that it was safe for her to join me. A minute later, I heard her land next to me. She had stopped a little farther back, just in case it was a trap and the time hadn't changed.

We ran around to the far back of the warehouse and slipped in through the door. There, laid 10 huge metal carts filled with rubies, all glittering in the bright moonlight that shone in through the windows. Carmen looked at me and held up her phone, and I nodded. We'd do what we could to get all the rubies out of here before V.I.L.E. found us, and needed to contact Ivy and Zack so they could get the truck here. They were going to pose as the people V.I.L.E. was selling to, and we would stay hidden and prepared to fight if the plan went askew. Plan A almost never goes right, so it's good to have backup.

5 minutes later, we heard the truck pull up at the side of the building. We'd have to move quick, before the actual buyers got here. We heard footsteps approaching, and hid back behind some large boxes in the corner.

"So we'll just open up the truck and load everything in! Boss will get the money to you as soon as he gets the shipment."

"Thank you. We'll check back in 10 minutes."

"Mk." The three criminals left the room, and Zack and Ivy began hurriedly loading the carts in to the truck.

"Hey!" I whispered. "Need any help?"

They shook their heads. "Stay hidden." We were relying on Zack and Ivy to get the rubies in the truck, but we'd be able to deliver them back to the rightful place and fight V.I.L.E. if needed. It was going to be a simple enough operation. Hopefully. Le Chèvre and the others walked in just as the twins loaded the last cart on to the truck. In a split second, they vaulted behind them, and locked the door behind them.

"Now, Zack and Ivy, mind telling us where Gray and Carmen are?"