Chapter Twenty Two

TW

***

Maria Eduarda

"I want you too."

The moment his lips touched mine, it was like the whole world crumbled all around me and the clocks stopped, dead on point. Both my hands were shaking and I didn't know where to put them, so I just held onto whatever skin I could touch, sinking my fingers on Harry's chest and neck. It felt like the whole world was shaking all around us, a fucking earthquake that passed right through my heart and turned my brain to shreds.

It was so intense I had to wait a moment and take a deep breath in order to keep going. Slowly, we both pulled away, stuttered breathing and still holding onto each other. I couldn't even open my eyes right away, it was all too new, too overwhelming to face all at once.

Kissing had never felt like that.

Oh-my-God.

Oh-my-God, oh-my-God, oh-my-God.

Did I just kiss Harry?!

I'm barely aware of my own steps as I run up my building's stairs, jumping two steps at a time while trying to make my body move as fast as my racing heart. Everything around me seems to be more colorful, vibrant and sparkly, but I know it's only like this because it's how I'm feeling.

From the moment I stepped out of his car, I simply can't stop grinning. My cheeks are even hurt from how big my smile is, and I swear to each step I take it's like I'm floating a few inches above the ground. I don't even realize how fast I'm walking till I find myself standing right in front of my apartment's door, and I didn't even start searching for the keys in my purse.

I was sitting over the island in the middle of his kitchen, and it felt natural to part my knees and silently give him permission to tuck himself between my legs - I wanted to feel him as close as possible. A little whimper escaped from my mouth as I felt his wet tongue skimming on my lips, ever so softly it was feathery and immediately made me thirsty for more. The way he grunted when I parted my lips and invited him in made my stomach clench and jump in my belly, so hard I was sure he felt it too, and when he deepened the kiss, I swear I saw stars popping behind my closed eyelids.

I was so hungry for more, but at the same time it felt overwhelming. My hands snapped to the nape of his neck, and I laced my fingers in his incredibly soft hair. He smelt fresh and clean, like the morning dew dripping from the leaves, and his lips and tongue tasted like coffee and raspberry jam.

His strong hands were everywhere - squeezing my waist, grabbing my hips, arms circling around my body and hands pressing my back so he could pull me even closer, and suddenly I felt like I would literally die if I stopped kissing him. So I held him more firmly, pulling his face against mine and exploring his mouth with my tongue. His presence was as soothing as it was erotic, his tall, large and firm body engulfing my own in an embrace, our skins buzzing together, the both of us in perfect sync even in the way we were completely out of breathe.

I step inside my apartment, which is hauntingly quiet. Well, maybe it's just quiet as always, but the silence seems super intense when compared to how loud my mind is right now. I feel like I need some noise around here, or I'm going crazy, however, I don't want to wake up Dani.

Taking out my shoes and leaving them next to the door, I tip toe to my room, but as I walk across Dani's room I see that her bed is empty and still perfectly made. Did she not come home at all last night? Maybe she left a voicemail, I better check it before freaking out as usual.