Chapter Eight

TW: mild sexual assault

Maria Eduarda

"You remind me of her."

These were the words who kept me awake all night. Not guilty of having almost done something I couldn't walk back from, not even the confusion of why did I feel the way I did when his lips touched my skin. Not even the panic of how the hell will I go to work on Monday and face Harry, my boss, after what happened.

No, these worries are only haunting me now, Sunday afternoon, after I spent half the night and the whole morning cooking everything I found in the fridge while my semi-drunken mind kept swimming in the sea of green of his eyes and his raspy voice kept echoing in my ears.

You remind me of her.

Who was he talking about?

I'm sure it wasn't Chloe, his fiance. I have nothing in me that could remind him of her, not physically, not intellectually and definitely not emotionally.

I mean, considering I've almost cheated on Landon, maybe I'm more like her than I would like to admit.

Jesus Christ, I almost cheated on my boyfriend. With my boss! Could I be more inappropriate? And what does it say about me that I'm actually more concerned with what Harry said, than with what he did.

I still haven't wrapped my mind around my reaction - or, to be honest, my lack of reaction - when he touched the way he did. My mind went into complete overdrive and it was like my brain shut down, I couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't do anything besides watch those incredibly green eyes and feel the touch of his devious lips against my skin.

My heart races just by the memory of it, everything about last night was so out of my character, the alcohol running through my veins, the loud music, the dark ambience, but what was the most uncharacteristic was the tall, British guy glued to my neck, and the way he made me feel. How my stomach dropped and pooled around my feet, how my heart thumped against my rib cages, how my skin shivered. It was so foreign, unexpected and good. I was completely on his mercy, and that's exactly what scares me the most.

Why did he do it? Was he just too drunk to realise I was the one he was hitting on? Didn't he realise he would have to face me Monday morning? Or maybe he just doesn't care, I mean, at the end of the day I'm just his maid, perhaps he simply thinks my purpose in life is to solely serve him.

Maybe Landon was right, after all - I shouldn't go to the same places my boss does. We're not in the same social circle and hanging out with him and his friends on the weekend is inappropriate.

No, that doesn't sound right. Even though I barely know Harry, something tells me he is not the kind of person who takes advantage of others like that. He doesn't strike me as someone who holds themselves higher than others just because of his social status.