Chapter Thirteen

Maria Eduarda

Maria Eduarda

I'm so mad at Marcos.

Not just angry, I'm furious.

We agreed to make today a family day. Just Marcos, Dani and I. I didn't even invite Landon, even though Sundays are usually our day, cause Marcos said he didn't want to share my attention, especially after I couldn't spend the actual birthday with him. So I woke up extra early to bake his favorite chocolate pie and packed a few sandwiches for us, but as soon as Dani and I got to this fucking beach, I started regretting it.

Causa apparently I couldn't invite my boyfriend, but it's OK for Marcos to invite all his noisy friends. His underrage friends who are all illegally drinking and listening to the most awful music I've ever heard in my life.

Seriously, it's barely 9 in the morning and they're already drunk.

I could just bite Marcos' head off at this point.

He is just so immature sometimes, and so selfish. Honestly, ever since we moved to Miami he is slowly turning to a different person. I mean, he was always kind of a rebel, but he was also the sweetest guy in the world, and we used to be super close, but lately it's like we're just drifting more and more apart. It's like we don't have things in common anymore and although I'm only 3 years older than him, sometimes it feels like we're 10 years apart.

Not to mention the last thing I wanted today was having his friend's gaze all over me - seriously, the moment I took off my t-shirt, I felt like a piece of meat being displayed in front of hungry dogs. Those boys never seen a woman in a bikini before?! It's ridiculous. Dani doesn't care about their gazes, completely ignoring them to sunbathe, but it was too much for me, I felt too much on display. So even though is hot as fuck, I'm still in my dad's old baseball t-shirt and I'm not planning on taking it off.

At least I brought my walkman with me so I'm not forced to listen to the screaming music Marcos and his friends like, Strangers by The Kinks softly playing straight to my ears. I hum along, trying to pay attention to the book I happen to have in my bag, but before I could read an entire paragraph, there's a soft poke on my shoulder. I pull the headphone down with a huff, turning to look at Dani, but it takes me a few moments to realize it's not her I'm looking at.

"Niall!" A smile immediately cracks on my lips. "What are you doing here? Did you invite him, Dani?" I look down at my best friend, who is clearly trying to bite back a smirk, still laying on her beach mat, but now is leaning her upper body on her elbows.

"No! He was just around, it's a.... Coincidence." Dani scrunches up her nose, making it clear she doesn't believe in what she just said, and Niall raises his eyebrows in innocence, a sly smirk playing on his lips.

"Yeah, Styles wanted to take some pictures and I thought this place is secluded enough." Niall explains.

Styles? Is Harry here?