9

sungchan sat down at the bench where he had met up with haechans friends, thinking back at the day his true title was exposed.

"prince sungchan, the king has asked you to join an important meeting at his office in about half an hour"

sungchans eyes were bigger than the moon, feeling the blood streaming towards his face. "uhm yes of course, i'll be there in half an hour."

aera looked at him dumbfounded. he was the prince all along?

"i'm sorry, please excuse me" sungchan softly said as he left the three friends on their own.

as he followed the adviser into the castle, he played with his hands, feeling a wave of nervousness. nervous about the fact that haechans friends had discovered his real identity, but also nervous about the meeting he was about to attend.

sungchan was never invited for meetings, he wasn't even allowed to ask about any of his fathers meetings.

once they arrived at the large doors of the conference room, the adviser knocked on the door. sungchan unknowingly held his breath, only noticing when his father spoke. "ahh sungchan, sit down next to me please"

sungchan slowly nodded and took his place next to his father. "we were just discussing the details of the soon to be marriage, we'll show you what we have thought about" the king explained.

"father i-"

"silent sungchan, you haven't even heard our ideas yet, kwang dongmin, please tell the prince everything"

"but-"

the king held his hand up, signing for sungchan to be silent. sungchan nodded as he silently continued to listen.

"so we thought of telling everyone you proposed to bom on the northern balcony, inviting everyone from the kingdom to be there. we thought next wednesday would be the perfect day to do so."

"wednesday?"

"yes wednesday. then for the wedding itself we imagined the ceremony to have the classic wedding theme, with the classical music and the white flowers. and it must be in the great church ofcourse. is that to your likings?"

sungchan stared at the adviser in disbelieve. "n-no! i haven't even proposed yet"

"jeon bom will be here again this sunday, that's the moment you will propose." the king answered.

"i don't want to propose to her that soon, we don't even know each other, let alone love each other." sungchan protested.

"this marriage isn't about love sungchan. it's about alliance and trust. it's for our kingdom and for the safety of our people. that's your duty and that's where your priorities should be, not some girl or love." the king brought out sternly.

"you love mother, why can't i have love" the young boy asked, hurt by his fathers words.

"because i learned to love her after our marriage and you will do too with bom. end of the meeting" the king replied, getting up and leaving the young prince behind.