1

when the light touches your skin, and the wind flows in your hair, that's the moment i think to myself how much i love you.

"sungchan!" the young boy, just 19 years old, looked up to see his instructor standing in front of him impatiently. "could you please pay attention to me? i'm trying to teach you something"

"yes sir" he said, staring at the board which was written full of things he was supposed to know. his thoughts were wondering to the dream he's had some nights in a row.

how could they not. the dream was about a beautiful girl, beautiful long hair that was flowing through the wind. the moon was already out as they met. the atmosphere had a sad touch to it.

he wanted to be with the girl, but he couldn't. tears were slowly dripping down her gorgeous face, as his heart was aching. he felt lost. lost in the way of helplessness. even though he could have all the power he wanted, he had no power in this.

he wondered who the girl was. was she a princess? he tried to shrug the dream of his mind as it was just a fairy tale produced by his own mind.

but it wasn't like fairy tales in real life being a young prince. there was no princess and there wasn't time to do the things he wanted to do.

he was the crown prince and as his father always said: "you need to act like a king to become a king" and with a great title comes great responsibility.

he did have an older brother, jung jaehyun. he was perfect in every way. he had always been that way. their parents had always adored jaehyun more than their youngest son. he didn't blame his beloved brother, but he wished he wouldn't have been so perfect.

he was already married. he married a princess from a far away kingdom and was given the crown there. their parents have been incredibly proud of him, and still were.

sungchan was without a doubt happy for his older brother, but it gave him a heavy weight on his shoulders that was almost to hard to carry as for now. the older he got, the more they started expecting of the young boy. they wanted him to be perfect like his brother.

how happy sungchan was that he still had his best friend. lee haechan, one of the young guards and most funny persons to be around. sungchan could only look up to the way haechan could handle the pressure of leading a group of guards while still being so young.

sungchan gave a last glance to the board before sighing. he had still so much to learn. he wrote down the last few things before glancing at the gardens of the big castle.

"alright enough. i've seen you've lost focus" the old man sighed. "we'll continue tomorrow" he said as he grabbed his stuff, ready to head home to his daughter and wife.

"thank you sir!" sungchan exclaimed, his expression more cheerful then seconds before. as he didn't need to pack his bag, he excused himself just before walking outside. he strolled through the long halls of the castle on his way to the gardens.

"sungchan?" he heard his mother say. "yes mother?" he answered politely, looking at the nice woman. his mother tried to be as sweet as possible to him, but he knew that she had high expectations like his father.

his father was a very stern man. he only excepted perfection and nothing less. whenever sungchan didn't lift up to his standards, he would get scolded for the things he did wrong. the young prince despised his father but knew that he would need him to become a great king.

the queen smiled at him sweetly. "where you going? didn't you have lessons of mister moon?"

"i did, but i was excused early. i was just going to the garden, if you don't mind of course" he said, his smile forced. she thought for a moment before nodding.

he thanked his mother and made his way over to the garden. it was his favourite part of the palace. the garden was 30 yards long, filled with mesmerising flowers from all over the world and ancient trees. it was his place to relax and where he could hide to be alone for just a minute. no pressure, no stress, no expectations.

he took in a deep breath before looking at the mark on his arm. everyone had one, a special mark that would show you who you were supposed to be with. your so called soulmate. he didn't believe in a soulmate. he knew he was going to be married to a girl, but not of his choice.

it was one of the duty's of being the crown prince to marry another royalty. the young boy felt pity for the unlucky girl that had the same mark as him. she probably dreamed about her soulmate sometimes, not knowing she could never be with him.

haechan had already found his soulmate. she was a sweet girl named nahee. sungchan had met her twice or so. he could see the love they had for each other.

haechan believed in the soulmate mark with all of his heart. when he met nahee he immediately knew he wanted to be with her. sungchan told him it was just because she was pretty, but haechan insisted that it was the mark that did the magic.

sungchan had just laughed it off. but secretly, he wished he had found his special someone who he could adore as much as haechan adored nahee.

but he knew that he would find that one girl.

wasn't that his destiny...