25

sungchan sighed, sitting in the garden he had missed so much. his thoughts kept coming back to the words he had told aera.

why did she have to be so difficult about it? she knew his insecurity. hell, she even knew that renjun wanted to be with her. yet he was the asshole for not wanting to see them together.

his current situation was already stressful enough, he didn't need relationship insecurities also. he had worse things to worry about. his father being sick to an extent that isn't curable anymore, making it so that he had to become a king soon.

sungchan had been so deep in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed haechan sitting down next to him.

"it's been some time" haechan brought out. sungchan nodded, avoiding his best friends gaze. he felt bad for not saying hello when he came back.

"i heard about you dad, how are you holding up?"

sungchan went with his hands through his hair. "i honestly don't know. everything was fine a week ago and now everything seems to fall apart. father is dying, mother is counting on me on becoming king and aera is slowly crawling back to renjun again"

haechans eyes softened. "aera isn't crawling back to renjun. their love is one sided sungchan, you have aera's heart already"

"then why does it feel like he is?" sungchan loudly said, almost screaming. it took haechan of guard as he didn't expect his best friend to respond like that.

"why does it always feel that when renjun is around, i need to prove myself and fight for her as if she's not mine yet." sungchan clenched his jaw, feeling annoyance boiling.

"i don't know, maybe it's because you're scared she'll actually go to renjun one day because you keep messing up" haechan honestly told him.

sungchan furrowed his brows. "i'm not messing up all the time"

"yeah sorry you only messed it up like 6 times already" haechan rolled his eyes sarcastically with those words.

"because i have more in my mind than just a relationship. i know renjun had all the time in the world to fantasise about aera and him being together, but people currently expect me to become a king within the next few weeks."

"you know you shouldn't push aera aside because you have other worries. you should include her, tell her what you're feeling" haechan laid down on the grass, feeling good about his advice.

"i can't do that right now" sungchan admitted.

"why not?"

"because we fought this morning" sungchan mumbled, avoiding haechans gaze, who obviously rolled his eyes at his friend.

"she was hugging renjun and i just couldn't hold myself in, so i asked her to stay away from renjun for a while"

haechan couldn't believe what he was hearing. "you're not going to tell me you won't allow aera to talk with one of the only persons she knows around here? if you would've introduced her to other people she might have other friends, but you're too busy to do so, so she has no one besides him."

sungchan crossed his arms. "if you say it like that i sound like a dick. it's not that she's never allowed to talk to him, just not for a little time. she knows i'm super insecure when he's around but she still hangs with him like it's nothing"

haechan sighs. "i guess you both have rights to be mad at each other, but don't make a big fight out of this, because with your current situation you two would break up if it got worse, besides you need someone right how"

"but, i have you don't i?" sungchan brought out with a smirk.

haechan smacked the princes shoulder. "you know what i mean. just. just promise me you won't screw this up"

sungchan nodded and smiled at haechan. "stop smiling so nicely, you look weird like that." haechan said as he got up. "but i'll see you later. will you come to the training grounds later?"

"sure" sungchan agreed.

haechan walked away again. "see you later my prins"

"see you later my knight" sungchan replied. his eyes got drawn to all the beautiful flowers around him, reminding him of aera. he sighed.

'why is this all so difficult'