ch. 20 | End of disruption pt. 2

A brown haired man was currently surrounded by bodies, to more describe it— dead bodies, each has a clean slice on their neck followed by a crimson red trail of blood pouring out the wound. Some were even close to their neck being cut off showing signs of struggle.

"Ack! s-sto—!"

     Aldonis is squatting down, his right hand stretched out holding a middle age man by his throat while the said fellow was scratching Aldonis's steel fingers pressing down hard on his narrows. He keeps trying to escape. Aldonis inserted more pressure on the hold, enough for the guy to pass out a little but not to completely lay limp.

"Hmm~ what if we make a deal, yeah?" Each words that fell out of the brown—no, his eyes seemed to glow more lighter with some specks of gold shimmering inside them like glitters—it felt like behind those words lay a tone of menace.

"Tell me what the deal is with that puny human and why he's so important for a bunch of necromancy people to go after him?"

-

"I'd rather d-die!" It looks like nothing could change this old farts mind, he rather dies? okay then.

"Sure." And his head is now rolling away.

"Continue watching that brat. Don't make yourself be noticed." I said hearing a bunch of people walk away however, more knights used their jumping skill to go on top of the roofs while some cleverly moved, integrating with the shadows.

-

"What to do next."

     The marquis hasn't contacted me to 'bake' for him. Is this really the punishment? then damn, I should've made a bigger scene if the payment is just as simple as this. Maybe I could have accidentally threw a whole cake on that damn Sebastian's shit face.

"Do better next time Elliot! you dumb slut." I reprimanded myself quietly not to attract this two people inside my house.

'I'm kinda bored now, there's no drama happenin! I'm bored! I want something to happen.'

"Over 20 people, most confirmed are users have been assassinated, none spoke the truth, or even gave a single clue about Elliot." Julian stood in front of Victor holding a blank but curious expression.

". . ."

"Elliot also hasn't done any suspicious movement."

I suddenly felt the need to sneeze, "Atcho!"

"Are you sick Elliot?!" Fey shouted, why are these two still here? Well, Fey said he felt like someone was stalking me so he stayed and for Llohel's reasoning, I don't really know.

"No, I just felt like sneezing it's not a big deal."

"Are you sure Ma—Elliot..? Maybe it's an upcoming cold?" Fey hurriedly sat beside my bed where a chair was placed and Fey is on the bed kneeling in front of me.

"I'm really fine, " I gave them a reassuring smile and added, "You two should probably head home too? It's already night time."

     After hearing this, it seemed like both froze on spot, Llohel turned to look down on his lap fidgeting with his fingers while Fey also looked away, I was about to say something again but Llohel beat me to it.

"I—We were wondering if we could...uhm...staythenightevenjustforthisnightbecausewe'rereallyworriedthatsomeonemighthurtyou."

'I can handle myself perfectly! (눈_눈)'

     I gave them a knowing look but after seeing the green hot Shrek's puppy face I can't help but just agree. I can already see the sparkles inside their eyes after i told them they could stay.

"SLEEPING WITH ELLIOT YEAH!" Fey stood up from the bed with a victorious smile, both his hands up in the air

"Fey! We're absolutely NOT gonna bother Elliot on his bed! How may times do I have to say that there are extra futons!"

"NO! SLEEP WITH ELLIOT!"

"This damn annoying kid..." Llohel whispered but Fey still heard it.

"I HEARD YOU!"

"I'm glad you did now shut up and help me get the futons ready, you rotten strawberry."

"ROTTEN— AT LEAST I DONT HAVE A WEED HAIR!"

     I watched as both bickered with each other back and forth, it felt nice. The house felt homey for once, when I was was all alone here the atmosphere felt lonely but peaceful. I didn't really mind in fact I preferred to have no one but me inside my place surprisingly—but being with Fey and Llohel might've changed something.

     Yes, I'm an attention seeking whore but at the same time, I'm...not?? I don't get myself.

     Maybe this world isn't all that bad as I thought it would be, it could've made some improvement tho. Deep in trance, I forgot Llohel and Fey who was about to rip each others head off—fighting on who's gonna sleep closer to my bed.

-

"We cannot continue like this anymore! We are losing people left and right!"

One of the cloaked figures stepped up protesting at Count Sebastian.

"Will this plan of yours even be successful? All you have is a dirty book filled with information that could be false—" "FALSE? How dare you even think that what I say are lies!", Count furiously retorted and continued, "It's a prophecy! That boy will be the key to open up a new world for us to conquer, unlimited power and the universe will be at our mercy!"

      Another individual walked directly in front of the Count's table where he is settled on his curvilinear sit—his wife was once again also seated on one of the expensive sofa designed with unique line elements which looked antique-like arabesque—the way he, the man who strode up to the count carried himself with an aura of power and no fear that we can safely confirm, he must be the person in charge.

"Count, we are indeed in debt to you but this whole ordeal just seems complicated, my man has a point. Are you sure that this will work? Will this repay back all the lives that were slaughtered, I cannot afford losing more. Sebastian." The mysterious man voiced out.

"Let's not lose hope, shall we?" Countess Angelica commented.

"And what do you propose, Wife?"

     All eyes are now on her which gladly made her feel amazing and this will be doubled—no, tripled a million times once she has that power.

"Please do hear me out."